RC poster

Steering Issue on Rustler 4 x 4

I have been doing some work on my rustler 4 x 4, and now I have it all back together it will not drive in a straight line - it is basically out of control. The wheels seem to steer as normal, it just won't go straight, keeps veering in either direction - steering does correct but no straight line ability. Don't see anything iffy with the steering assembly. I changed the front diff gears, the caster blocks, steering blocks, rear axle carriers, double checked everything is back in place correctly and am totally stumped. Any experts out there who may have some suggestions?

cheers.

Can you upload some video to YouTube, and then post the link in here? It can be a little difficult to help if we can't see it, and, since this is a 'motion' problem, photos won't do.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Qualifier
    Do you have the brushed or the VXL version?
    You say you installed new diff gears. Do you mean the ring and pinion in the diff? Is it possible you bought the wrong gears - they are not the same on the brushed and VXL version (different ratio). If so the wheels spin at different rpm and it will veer all over the place.

Front/rear ring and pinion for the VXL diffs: 5379X / 6879
    Front/rear ring and pinion for the brushed version diffs: 6778 / 6779

Other than that it may be that the front toe is out of whack. I find it best to run a slight toe out on the front.
    Last edited by Viking; 04-29-2020 at 05:11 AM.

RC poster
    Viking, I think you may be right - although I have a 4 x 4 i did upgrade the motor to brushless, but I did order 5379/6879. Didn't realize there is a difference. Thank you.

RC Qualifier
    Then you just have to install the 6879's in the rear and everything should be fine.

Glad to be able to help!