RC Racer

Question Sport tire options?

Anyone got any opinions on tires for the Sport? Keep in mind, there are no hexes, axle pin slots, etc. It has the rusty 4x4 style axles abd bearings and the larger shaft than your stock Rustler/Bandit. All suggestions are appreciated. Preferably under thirty dollars per pair of tires. And I can glue em myself, no preference there. Long lasting also preferred lol
    Edit: Has anyone tried the Duratrax Hatchet?
    Last edited by TruckerTucker; 04-29-2020 at 02:51 PM.
    I'm not afraid of my fellow man.

Traxxas Marshal
    More information would be helpful. What sort of terrain do you drive your N-Sport on? Do you want to stick with stadium truck tires or go with something larger like N-Stampede sized tires?
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle

RC Racer
    I'd like the tires to be either stock 2.8 or smaller. Basically I'm looking for tires that get nice traction on road but don't get used up so fast like the alias. They just go bald so fast, and I'm a rather conservative tire. I drive mostly off road, and I'd like to stick with stadium truck tires. I thought about going with #1870 Sledgehammers but after a nice conversation with Tyler in the support room the rims are rather rare.

Funny you say that about the tire size, I've been discussing with Grizzly about the same thing on my jato.

I went with the proline 2.2 trenchers. Unmounted. Then you can hunt down Traxxas rims on their site, or some others. I've seen them around.

Should be a pretty durable tire but still do well in most situations. Check them out! I didn't want monster size tires on my jato either, these 2.2 trenchers are almost exactly the same as the stock anacondas, perfect stadium truck tire size. Check em out!

-Mike

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by nebulous.cow View Post
    Funny you say that about the tire size, I've been discussing with Grizzly about the same thing on my jato.

I went with the proline 2.2 trenchers. Unmounted. Then you can hunt down Traxxas rims on their site, or some others. I've seen them around.

Should be a pretty durable tire but still do well in most situations. Check them out! I didn't want monster size tires on my jato either, these 2.2 trenchers are almost exactly the same as the stock anacondas, perfect stadium truck tire size. Check em out!

-Mike
    Yep. Rims are the hardest to get. It's bad enough getting 2.8" rims with no hex or stub axle pin slots, now I have to find 2.2" stadium style rims with 5/11/4 bearing slots! What a convoluted design! Just put on the darn aluminum hexes!

Rpm still makes wheels that fit the nitros! Proline might as well, look around!

-Mike

RC Racer
    Yes, my moral dillema has been finding the rims (wheels) and tires that are the same width, I'll take a look at proline.

Traxxas Marshal
    RPM made wheels specifically for Traxxas nitro vehicles, so finding compatible wheels shouldn't be too hard. As far as stadium style tires go for mixed terrain, I always liked the HPI Geolandars; they're a 2.2 stadium tire that work well on and off road.
    "Happiness depends upon ourselves." -Aristotle