RC poster

E Revo or Arrma Kraton?

Hello everyone! I have been doing some research trying to decide what vehicle I want to buy to get back into the RC world. I used to have a Jato 3.3 and a XXXNT that I really liked, but I have heard the electric side of the house has made some significant improvements and would like to go that route this time. I have a 3906 model EMAXX, but it is way too slow.

I am looking for something 4 wheel drive, 1/10 scale, that is comparable to my Jato 3.3.

So far, the two models I have come up with are the E Revo and the Kraton. Based in all the information I have been able to gather so far, the Kraton is the better truck. Here is a basic run down of what I have found:

E Revo pros: Tougher chassis, tougher body, better throttle response, better aftermarket support, great online tech support

Kraton pros: Tougher suspension, better overall durability, better stability, more options on suitable battery packs, the option to run a single battery pack, or dual battery packs.

At this point, I am leaning towards the Kraton based on the battery pack options as well as overall durability and superior handling. I would love to hear any thoughts you guys have regarding the topic as well as any RCs that I may be missing.

This is a Traxxas forum so it's going to be biased toward their vehicles. I wouldn't compare an E-revo to Jato. Totally different in many ways. Here is a thread where a member gave their impressions on what electric Traxxas vehicles they own.

review-of-all-my-Traxxas-Trucks-to-help-new-purchasers-decide-which
    Last edited by grizzly03; 05-01-2020 at 01:18 PM.

RC poster
    I posted this the other day about my E-Revo 2.0 6s VXL:

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...-with-this-car

RC poster
    I honestly want to like the ERevo more. All of my battery packs and my charger all have the Traxxas connectors on them. Plus, I really liked the service I got from their online tech support.

I have read some comparisons on the Arrma forums as well, so I am prepared to adjust for bias.

I like my Erevo 2.0. I have no complaints other than stock steering servos are a little weak.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-GP View Post
    I posted this the other day about my E-Revo 2.0 6s VXL:

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...-with-this-car

Yeah, I read that and I am hoping you just have horrible luck and got a lemon. I have read similar horror stories about the Kraton 4S as well.

RC Racer
    I would go with the E revo any day.

I have an ERBEv2 and outcast 6s. Personally... I doubt I'd spend the money on another arrma. They are fine if you don't do a lot of big jumps, but if you do, your money ahead to start with something that is better out of the gate.

For me, the tekno MT410 would have been the better choice had I known, I like shorter trucks. For you, since you seem to want a longer wheel base, I'd be choosing between the ERBEv2 and Tekno ET48.3.

The tekno costs quite a bit more than the kraton, but it starts with a much better foundation. For heavy bashing/big air, pretty much all arrma's need alloy chassis braces, upgraded towers, 7075 chassis. That's $300+ on top of the original purchase price. Then your still stuck with ball ends that are weak all over the vehicle, diffs that give up the ghost very early in life, iffy radio and a bad servo along with metal shielded bearings throughout.

I got my ERBEv2 as a roller and moved some stuff over from my v1. The v1 was the first electric truck I bought and I got it new.

For what I do, the v2 needed a few upgrades, but not near the cost of my outcast. VDK pistons in the shocks, VG springs, thicker oil, rear chassis brace, alloy rockers, t-bone front bumper/rear bumper-wheelie bar.

I can't speak for the traxxas electronics, but the motor/esc on my v1 lasted 3 years on 4S with no issues. I have a max6 and arrma blx2050kv in it at the moment with a hobbystar $40 servo in it and it suits me fine.

As for the lipo's, I run 2x3S in all 3 of my big trucks (also have a savage flux). I tend to stick with 5000mah sized packs as if you go larger, it's just more weight for minimal extra run time. More weight means more damage, higher temps. So instead of buying a couple pairs of larger capacity packs, I'll buy a couple extra smaller sized packs to make up the run time difference. When my 6200mah 3S hobbystar packs die, I'll likely get some more HRB5000mah 3S packs.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Racer
    The traxxas is stronger, but with a lot of aftermarket stuff, the kraton is stronger. the revo will always have 1 weak spot: the rear toe links

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I like my Erevo 2.0. I have no complaints other than stock steering servos are a little weak.
    I agree with you grizzly. My 2.0 has been a beast. Absolutely love it. My V1 Erevo has actually been really good so far on 6s, though I need some stiffer springs

I have a Kraton 4s and only problem Iíve had is the stock aluminum motor mount is way too soft, bent 2 pretty badly on a nose landing and just by cartwheeling for the second one which in turn caused the rear diff to strip out badly.
    Bought the Hot Racing motor mount and itís been great. I did swap to RPM a-arms, but only after I broke the stock ones.

*Mods, if we arenít allowed to discuss the Kraton please edit our posts. We mean no harm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I love my 1/16 e revo!!! Super fun!

RC Racer
    I meant to only underline love. My e revo is great for whatever I need it to do!