RC poster

Lets Talk about Shocks, and Control Arms.

Ok. So I want to start fine tuning my shocks to see what I like best. I am going to get the pro line dual-rate spring assortment, the pro line HD shock bodies, and the pro line hd shock shafts.

My question is which is better the Hot Racing Shock Reservoirs or the Pro-Line Reservoirs? The Hot Racing version is adjustable which looks like a great idea to me.. Does anyone have experience with this? The Pro-Line version looks like it can be completely rebuilt if need be with one of their re build kits where as the Hot Racing looks like it comes together and stays together...

Next, does anyone else have problem with the RPM arms touching the shock springs?? It is odd to me that RPM would make something that can rub on the shock springs. I thought about getting the Pro Line upper and lower arms? The Pro Line versions also have metal on them like a skid plate... I thought this might make them very stiff though and thought it would be better if they could flex a little like the RPM version...

Thoughts? Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    Any mates report that Hot Racing leaks continuously, Pro Line is better option.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by beatitup View Post
    Ok. So I want to start fine tuning my shocks to see what I like best. I am going to get the pro line dual-rate spring assortment, the pro line HD shock bodies, and the pro line hd shock shafts.

My question is which is better the Hot Racing Shock Reservoirs or the Pro-Line Reservoirs? The Hot Racing version is adjustable which looks like a great idea to me.. Does anyone have experience with this? The Pro-Line version looks like it can be completely rebuilt if need be with one of their re build kits where as the Hot Racing looks like it comes together and stays together...

Next, does anyone else have problem with the RPM arms touching the shock springs?? It is odd to me that RPM would make something that can rub on the shock springs. I thought about getting the Pro Line upper and lower arms? The Pro Line versions also have metal on them like a skid plate... I thought this might make them very stiff though and thought it would be better if they could flex a little like the RPM version...

Thoughts? Thanks!
    I like the vg racing springs I got.
    Proline is ok

I love my rpm a-arms again not too much of a proline fan...

Hot racing does sell a rebuild kit
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Racing-...EAAOSwsqxcGr7u

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Okay, yes they sell a rebuild kit that has one o ring lol. The pro line version looks like it is a legit rebuild kit.

If they leak thats not good... I just really like the adjustable idea. Maybe for bashing versus serious jumping...?

RC Enthusiast
    I got dual rate springs from PL today. Only had one run with them but I like them so far; doesn't bottom out as easily as stock while being softer up top. And that's using the medium stiffness with the spring adjusts being about stock height. Curious as to what changes the reservoirs would make. Hopefully I can afford them some day...

RC Qualifier
    Okay, yes they sell a rebuild kit that has one o ring lol. The pro line version looks like it is a legit rebuild kit.

If they leak thats not good... I just really like the adjustable idea. Maybe for bashing versus serious jumping...?
    If they leak you can contact them.

RC Qualifier
    Id rather get this kit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Sh...gAAOSwHMJYHUpl
    They are 6.8mm shafts

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Overpowerxmaxx View Post
    I’d rather get this kit

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Sh...gAAOSwHMJYHUpl
    They are 6.8mm shafts

Why? They look like regular GTX shocks.

RC poster
    Has anyone had any experience with the Hot Racing or the Pro Line Reservoirs????

RC Qualifier
    Why? They look like regular GTX shocks.
    They have all aluminum and they have bigger shock shafts than the proline