RC poster

Noob - 1st post - need help identifying this model - how do I attach a pic??

I just picked up this Traxxas nitro RC in trade. They said it was a Slash 4x4 ... but Iíll need you guys to help me identify which model this is.
    They claim it runs, but one of the diffs was installed upside down, so it wonít drive.
    Also, the transmitter is set up in such a way, when you pull the throttle back it applies the brakes ... when you push the trigger forward it moves forward. How do I reverse that back? Iíd prefer the unit to move forward when I pull the trigger back.
    Iíll try to post the pics ... how do I attach them? Iím using an iPhone ...
    Thanks in advance. Iíve been looking thru the forum and tons of info available ... I just want to make sure Iím looking at info for the correct model.
    Cheers,
    Daryl

Use Tapatalk app and take pics.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately after downloading the app, I’m having difficulty getting fully registered for Tapatalk.

RC poster
    Finally got Tapatalk to work. Here are the photos. Anyone know this model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely not any sort of Traxxas
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Definitely not any sort of Traxxas
    Interesting ... it has a Traxxas transmitter and electronics. Did someone possibly transfer the running gear and electronics to a different aluminum frame?

Yes. Someone used a Traxxas transmitter and receiver in this truck. But it is definitely not Traxxas. Identify the radio system used - older 27mhz had a switch at the bottom of the transmitter that would reverse the servo action. If it is their 2.4ghz system, look for the model number of the transmitter and use the Support button above to search for it. There you can find the manual or instructions on how to reverse it.

If the seller said it was a Slash 4x4 then you didn't do your homework and got taken for a ride. The 4x4 version is not nitro and nowhere does that remotely look close to one. The Nitro Slash is 2wd only.

Since Traxxas will allow support only for their products we can help with the radio. The rest of the truck they will not allow discussion about.
    Last edited by Double G; 05-03-2020 at 07:43 PM.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Yes. Someone used a Traxxas transmitter and receiver in this truck. But it is definitely not Traxxas. Identify the radio system used - older 27mhz had a switch at the bottom of the transmitter that would reverse the servo action. If it is their 2.4ghz system, look for the model number of the transmitter and use the Support button above to search for it. There you can find the manual or instructions on how to reverse it.

If the seller said it was a Slash 4x4 then you didn't do your homework and got taken for a ride. The 4x4 version is not nitro and nowhere does that remotely look close to one. The Nitro Slash is 2wd only.

Since Traxxas will allow support only for their products we can help with the radio. The rest of the truck they will not allow discussion about.
    Thank you Double G. Appreciate all the guidance. I was able to fix the diff issue today. Iíll look for the switch to reverse the throttle action ... thank you.

Iím just waiting on some fuel and then I should be able to give it a trial run. I donít have much $ into it ... Iím having fun taking it apart and putting it back together.

If I have a good experience with this one, Iím sure that Iíll upgrade to a true Traxxas at some point. My son is currently bashing on the entry level Latrax Teton. After replacing the driveshafts, a motor and a steering servo in the first month - we should have sprung for a real Traxxas from the beginning. Oh well, itís been fun repairing it with him.

Thanks again for the help. Cheers!

RC poster
    From what I can find, this looks to be a OFNA chassis. Traxxas electronics with a 3.3 nitro engine.

Anyone know if OFNA is a pos, or something worth keeping?

Quote Originally Posted by jz8fenton View Post
    From what I can find, this looks to be a OFNA chassis. Traxxas electronics with a 3.3 nitro engine.
    Anyone know if OFNA is a pos, or something worth keeping?
    I have never seen a Traxxas 3.3 head look like that one. The Traxxas 2.5/3.3 engines are 5 bolt heads. From the pictures it looks like the only thing Traxxas is the receiver.

I might be worth keeping. To me it would depend on if you can get parts for it.

RC poster
    Here is a picture of the engine. HPI, with 4 head bolts.

If it is indeed an Ofna, that was a decent company but no longer around and parts may be still available but you'll need to research what you have.
    The Super Derecho