RC Racer

Batteries for e revo

Just curious if we want to someday really look in to the Lipo batteries for this car. So far, Iím impressed with its runtime just on the one battery that comes with the car but since you can get that little parallel adapter that basically plugs two batteries into the car for twice the runtime, would that be a better bet to just get a couple more batteries like the one it comes with, or is a Lipo battery going to make the car go a lot faster, last longer, and not get so hot when it comes time to recharge it? Also, can you run two Lipo batteries together the way you can with the regular nickel metal hydride batteries, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I have also been looking at the parallel adapter and was wondering if it gives the e revo more power? It allows you to not have to unplug one and then re plug the other one in. I haven't tried lipos on my e revo, it has the old esc that's not lipo compatible.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TRAXXASAXXART View Post
    I have also been looking at the parallel adapter and was wondering if it gives the e revo more power? It allows you to not have to unplug one and then re plug the other one in. I haven't tried lipos on my e revo, it has the old esc that's not lipo compatible.
    The parallel adapter just only works for the type of battery that comes with the car. And all that does is just gives you longer run time because the motor is pulling off of two batteries at once as opposed to just one battery.

But his car is Lipo compatible but from what I understand I donít think a Lipo battery is going to make the car essentially go any faster, itís just going to be supposedly a little bit more snappier response and itíll be a lot more of a consistent current draw all the way through the cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Thanks for the help corneileous. My e revo has an old transmitter that takes 8 batteries. OLD OLD OLD At least ten years old. LOL