RC poster

Terrible Radio range please help

Hello,

I have a Red M41 and my radio range is terrible. I can get maybe 35 yards and and then it starts to glitch. It will buck once or twice and then once it does that a couple times and drifts close enough back into range it will take off again. Very frustrating when you are trying to have a good time with it.I have tried taking the antenna out of the holder and laying it up on the inside and that helps a little but still not enough.

I have other boats that go so much further with no issues. I am ready to put it on the shelf or sell it.

Please help.

Is the tip cut? 2.4 ghz radios need to have the antennas a certain length.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    No the tip has not been cut or anything. Same length from factory. I have a Proboat Zelos 36 Miss Geico and can go 800 plus feet no problem at all in fact I can lose sight of it. This M41 I can spit on it just about. I feel like the kids next door with their walmart boats are doing better than me when I have this out there with them.

Needless to say I have no use for the phone support at Traxxas. They are the most rude bunch of people I have ever had to deal with.

RC Racer
    Maybe replace the antenna or test it with a different transmitter. I am sorry about your troubles, maybe you can return it to traxxas if nothing else works?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by MJC View Post
    No the tip has not been cut or anything. Same length from factory. I have a Proboat Zelos 36 Miss Geico and can go 800 plus feet no problem at all in fact I can lose sight of it. This M41 I can spit on it just about. I feel like the kids next door with their walmart boats are doing better than me when I have this out there with them.

Needless to say I have no use for the phone support at Traxxas. They are the most rude bunch of people I have ever had to deal with.
    I have no issues getting close to a 1000 ft with our M41, your rx might be shot or try and rebind the tx and rx and then recalibrate the esc. I'm thinking it's a recalibration issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix-J85uRFjE&t=3s

Incase you want to try to do a factory rest on your tx.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-qcJUVCc5o&t=36s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMrKkt0BHxA

As far as Traxxas support or any company for that matter if the conversation starts out with a bad tone because something isn't working right it never usually ends well. Not saying this is what happened but I live on the west coast in Canada and I've been treated fairly and usually above and beyond what I would of expected for parts that have been replaced by warranty. I might not always like the answers I get, but I've been treated fairly.
    I hope some of this helps.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by MJC View Post

Try to not say anything bad about traxxas enployees on the traxxas forums. I don't mind but I don't want u to get baned.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAXXASAXXART View Post
    Try to not say anything bad about traxxas enployees on the traxxas forums. I don't mind but I don't want u to get baned.
    Remember there are two sides to the story and we only get to hear one. So if we are privy to the other side then we can make our judgements.

I've cleaned the thread up due to flaming and responses. Keep it cordial - no one gets anywhere having fights behind their keyboards.
    The Super Derecho

Try a different transmitter if you can. The problem is either in the transmitter or receiver. Trying a different transmitter will narrow it down. If the problem goes away, replace your transmitter. If the problem continues, replace the receiver (the antenna is hardwired to the receiver). I will say that usually, the receiver is the problem.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by justin13703 View Post
    Try a different transmitter if you can. The problem is either in the transmitter or receiver. Trying a different transmitter will narrow it down. If the problem goes away, replace your transmitter. If the problem continues, replace the receiver (the antenna is hardwired to the receiver). I will say that usually, the receiver is the problem.
    I agree with justin13703's opinion. If none of that works, maybe your transmitter/receiver needs to be re-calibrated or something?