RC poster

Axle upgrades on slayer pro 4x4

Any recommendations on upgrading the axle shaft on a slayer pro 4x4 nitro

RC Competitor
    Dude, I am with you on this. Don't worry, there will be some replies from some people know alot about nitro. Double G,Grizzly03 and the rest are monitoring these post. I am mostly a lurker and learner. These guys are good. Have patience. I want to know about the shafts too.
    Last edited by Slush; 05-06-2020 at 10:53 PM.

RC Competitor
    Any body out there?

There isn't much for axles for the slayer. The stock held up good and were cheap. I guess if you wanted to upgrade it would be somewhat of a DIY. IMO I would use the axles from the summit and cut them down to fit.

If it's for the center driveshafts, that would be the same upgrades as for the Nitro Revo.

RC poster
    No it the axles for the front wheels

The axles are from the diff to the wheels. Driveshafts are transmission to diffs.

If I wanted to upgrade the axles, I would go with Traxxas Summit stock axles and cut them shorter. To the same length as the slayer axles.

Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    The axles are from the diff to the wheels. Driveshafts are transmission to diffs.
    Might want to tell traxxas to change their terminology then :
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/5451X
    Driveshaft assembly (1), left or right (fully assembled, ready to install)/ 4x15mm screw pin (1)
    Just curious, what are you breaking? I've had good luck with the nitro plastic axles/shafts. Even with a big block pushing them with MT sized wheels/tires, they hold up for quite a while.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Might want to tell traxxas to change their terminology then :
    https://traxxas.com/products/parts/5451X
    Your right, the part description in the overview window is sometimes different. Traxxas calls all of them driveshafts. But they do call them Center Front driveshaft, Center Rear driveshaft, or Axle driveshafts.

Look at the exploded view:Slayer-Pro-Driveshafts-Assembly or the Revo exploded views: Revo-33-53097-3-Driveshafts-Assembly.

That is why I ask if its for axles?

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    I've had good luck with the nitro plastic axles/shafts. Even with a big block pushing them with MT sized wheels/tires, they hold up for quite a while.
    I second this. Only ran big block on my Classic Maxx for a little while, and never broke a plastic driveshaft on any of my TRX vehicles actually.

OP says they are for the "front wheels", maybe this was crash related? In which case, just get the stock ones again. For nitro especially, they should be plenty tough under normal circumstances.

-Mike

RC poster
    Thanks grizzly03 that ideal worked out great and it was crash related but I still wanted to upgrade