RC poster

Latest FPV rally video. Keen for feedback!

Hey crew, new FPV rally video here. Looking for feedback on how I can improve the videos. Also, wondering if there is a known FPV community who are doing similar things. Im pretty new to all this!

Dude that's awesome!! Nice video!

I have FPV setup on my brushed mini summit and it's soooo much fun. I'm looking for the community who does more car FPV as well, it's stupid fun. I would love to drive that trail you're on with mine, looks like an epic spot to do it. There's a park by my house that has a bunch of water pipes and chambers, and it's so fun to go tooling through the pipes and through the big troughs and stuff FPV. My neighbor lost his mind when he saw it, and asked me where I got that Mars Rover hahhaa.

Would be cool to have our own subsection on the forum for FPV driving, but I don't think it's popular enough unfortunately. I used to race FPV on a competitive level a ton, so I have a lot of experience with the gear, and was able to make my summit FPV with literally random stuff in my drawers.

Hope we get more chiming in from other FPV drivers. I like the going slow and exploring aspect, but it's super fun to race around. I wish I had locals I could race FPV cars with, it's fun to go fast too! People at my bashing spot also lost their minds when they saw it too.

Cool stuff bro! HMU if you wanna chat FPV stuff if no one else chimes in!

-Mike

Got any footage from the actual FPV camera? If I'm not mistaken, the footage you post is from a gopro, right? I'd be curious what you actually see as it seems the gopro is really smoothing things out.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Got any footage from the actual FPV camera? If I'm not mistaken, the footage you post is from a gopro, right? I'd be curious what you actually see as it seems the gopro is really smoothing things out.
    You are correct, that's not the exact feed he is seeing while driving. But the Gopro will only "smooth things out" if you have some form of "smoothing" turned on, on the gopro.

The FPV feed will be more static filled, and lower resolution and frame rate. But you would be surprised, my FPV on my mini summit is actually super smooth. Part of it is that I set up the suspension to be smoother. Thinner shock oil, less preload, ect.

So don't think the FPV footage is necessarily way worse than the HD footage. If you mount the camera well and have a good car for it, it's super usable and doesn't feel like having a seizure the whole drive. I have some raw footage from my mini summit around the yard and park if you want to see some. I have nice Fatshark goggles, and they have a DVR to record raw feed in them.

-Mike

RC Competitor
    Good job on the video, I always appreciate the time and $$ put in to making these.