RC poster

Replacing the throttle in a TQi

Hi all, quick question.

Are all the Traxxas throttles the same? The throttle controller on the TQi controller of my Maxx is cutting out randomly and I have to push the trigger sideways to get it to respond again.

I have a spare TQ controller from another car I don't use anymore, can I simply transplant that throttle controller from that into the TQi controller?

Thanks
    Chris

I would think so. The trigger is connected just to a potentiometer inside. You may have to do some soldering. If you're not comfortable soldering the wires, I would not attempt the repair yourself.

If you are comfortable doing it and maybe make a mistake and need another chance, I have an unused TQ radio I could sell ya, barely used. Bought a truck and it came with it, but I bound it to my tqi right off the bat.

-Mike

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by nebulous.cow View Post
    I would think so. The trigger is connected just to a potentiometer inside. You may have to do some soldering. If you're not comfortable soldering the wires, I would not attempt the repair yourself.

If you are comfortable doing it and maybe make a mistake and need another chance, I have an unused TQ radio I could sell ya, barely used. Bought a truck and it came with it, but I bound it to my tqi right off the bat.

-Mike
    Ok thanks. Iím good with soldering, Iíll give it a go.