RC poster

Hi everyone, newbie here from UK. Just bought a new Green Xmaxx 8s with 4s 6700mah

Hi all.

I took delivery of my lovely new Xmaxx about 3 days ago. Opened the box & looks great. Got the new charger out & a couple of 4s 6700mah & went to plug them in but wouldn't fit. After some investigation I realized in my hast I had bought the wrong charger, GUTTED.
    After searching online I found the right model number but everywhere in the UK was out of stock, GUTTED again. Earliest date for new stock was 21st.....
    After more searching I found one in Finland. It was a lot more expensive but I had to have it so bought it & paid extra for next day delivery. The charger finally came yesterday but in my eagerness I forgot it will be a different plug connector. Luckily I had a worldwide adapter. Read the instructions & finally put 2 batteries on charge. Only took 40 minutes to charge, amazing.
    By now it's 8.30pm last night & getting dark so couldn't take it for a run as I live in a flat with no garden but am eager to take it out today.

Sorry for the long story but I've finally got one after a lot of research.
    I'm in my 50's but have a passion for car's & never had anything like this when I was a kid so I suppose I'm trying to relive a bit of my youth.

Any tips or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Btw, should I changed the spur gear for the extra one in the box or leave it stock until I get used to it.

Thank you all for listening. 😁

RC Qualifier
    First, congrats on the Xmaxx... Amazing machine

I suggest setting it to training mode and get used to it before doing any mods. It's a powerful truck, and if it is your first of this size, definitely training mode. I know that something like "training mode" doesn't sound fun, bit trust me, protect your investment lol

Enjoy!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Run it box stock first
    Xmaxx will need plenty of space on 18/46 gears
    Bluetooth module for adjustments

Enjoy it brother
    fabricator

Welcome to the forum, and enjoy the new truck it's a blast.

As other poster said. Put it into training mode. This will make it have 50% power. Great for learning how to drive it. Also since going slower if you hit something less chance of the truck breaking

Read the manual. It has lots of good info you will need. It should of came with a copy of the parts explosion diagrams. If not print out a copy from online. As this will help you learn learn what goes where. And what part number to order if you break something.

The blue tooth module will let you custom set power output for training mode, and other settings. Great for when you want to let a kid play. Dial down power even more. And phone app has a dashboard you can see things like temps, speed and amp draw.

Really no mods needed untill your playing hard enough and sending it over big jumps to start breaking things.

If you doing big jumps at you will end up wanting the RPM oversized rear hub carriers, and threaded hinge pins. Rpm a-arms

Trucks a beast. Enjoy!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Congrats on your purchase bud! I became a proud new owner this week as well!!

It sounds like you have somewhat limited space? I concur with the others...start out slow. That thing can do some serious damage to objects it hits, so keep that in mind.
    ...And have fun!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast221166 View Post
    Hi all.

I took delivery of my lovely new Xmaxx about 3 days ago. Opened the box & looks great. Got the new charger out & a couple of 4s 6700mah & went to plug them in but wouldn't fit. After some investigation I realized in my hast I had bought the wrong charger, GUTTED.
    After searching online I found the right model number but everywhere in the UK was out of stock, GUTTED again. Earliest date for new stock was 21st.....
    After more searching I found one in Finland. It was a lot more expensive but I had to have it so bought it & paid extra for next day delivery. The charger finally came yesterday but in my eagerness I forgot it will be a different plug connector. Luckily I had a worldwide adapter. Read the instructions & finally put 2 batteries on charge. Only took 40 minutes to charge, amazing.
    By now it's 8.30pm last night & getting dark so couldn't take it for a run as I live in a flat with no garden but am eager to take it out today.

Sorry for the long story but I've finally got one after a lot of research.
    I'm in my 50's but have a passion for car's & never had anything like this when I was a kid so I suppose I'm trying to relive a bit of my youth.

Any tips or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Btw, should I changed the spur gear for the extra one in the box or leave it stock until I get used to it.

Thank you all for listening. ��
    Welcome to the forum mate, and congrats for your new king of the monsters.

RC Champion
    What mates says, star with training mode and slow runs, and up the speeds with practise and time.

RC Enthusiast
    enjoy mate - similar scenario for me - bought mine last week - also green

I have already bought my potential next step Max6, 1600XL (want to run it on 18/50) but may consider 18/46 with the stock first ...

Just get an open area to get used to it - for me it wasnt that much of a difference compared to my Kraton8S (which needs more space even) - you'll get used it fairly quickly I'd say - I was pretty comfortable within minutes with the truck unlike all the transmitter menu options and Traxxas Link that will require more time ...