RC poster

EZ Peal Dual Charger

Hello,

i got the EZ Peak Dual Charger with 3s 5000mah Traxxas Lipos.

1)I cant change the Charge Rate, its always "fast", even if I want to charge them slowly,
    to keep them healthy longer?

1b)Even with the Dual Live Charger the Charge Rate is fixed and cant be set lower?
    But the Dual Live Charger can charge 4s Lipos?

2)I can "de-charge" full Lipos by using Storage-Mode down to "storage-voltage" ?

3)To fast charge is the same speed like charging in balance mode, but without balance them in the end?

4)Do i need to balance charge them every time, or is it ok to balance charge them only every second or third time?

5)The Charger does not balance the Lipos from the left to the right (2 seperate Lipos, like E-Revo uses them), but its not necessary to do so? Full is full, and one Lipo balanced is enough?

Thank you

This is the EZ peak live Dual charger, yes? If not, most of these things still apply, and you adjust charge settings via the buttons on the non-live version.

If so,
    1. The charge rate is adjustable via the app. It predetermines a charge rate based on what batteries you have, and give's you a baseline charge rate that is fine. Lipos are not like Nickel based batteries, charging slower than 1C is not in any way beneficial for high-C rated lipos, like the ones you have. Charge each one at 5A for general use and long life.
    1b. Like I said, the charging current can be changed via the app, or the buttons on the face of the charger. The manual outlines how to use these buttons to adjust the settings. The non live dual can do up to 3s lipo, the live chargers can do up to 4s lipo.
    2. Yes. But it takes longer than charging dead batteries up to storage voltage.
    3.Yes. It won't balance them at all. You only save a few minutes maybe. Personally, I would never use this setting. If you need to charge fast, just turn up the current in a balance charge, and it will be plenty fast.
    4.I would balance charge every time. There is no reason not to. Otherwise, it would be like wearing a helmet only every other time you get on a motorcycle, it makes no sense. Leave the charger set to balance, and use it every time.
    5. The dual chargers are essentially 2 completely separate chargers, just put into one unit. If you put one battery on and balance charge it, this has no effect on the other battery. Always balance charge BOTH batteries. Balancing only one of the two is not good. Charge both batteries together, in balance mode, and drive them together. Don't treat one battery different than the other, they are identical, and both of them need to perform their best to make your E revo perform its best.

Always balance, storage charge if the batteries will sit for more than a couple days, don't leave the batteries fully charged for more than a couple days, and charge at 1C (5A per battery) if you are not sure what to choose. Hope this helps, whether you have the live or non-live dual.

-Mike

RC poster
    Thank you very much Mike.

Everything above is correct but my ez peak live dual defaults to charging the 5000mah 3s traxxas batteries at 10a, not 5a. I have a 5800mah 2s and it defaults to something like 11.5a for that one. It’ll charge up a pair of the 3s 5000mah batteries from low voltage cutoff in about 20-25 minutes.

RC poster
    I have "the old version" of the dual charger, not the live Version.
    I dont know how to change the rate of charging. For me it seems fixed, with this ID-Tec it makes it automatically,
    and i cant change nothing.
    I dont want quick charge, i want "healthy" charge.

If you have the ID plugs with a Traxxas ID charger, don't worry. The ID technology does most of the work for you.

Make sure the High Output switch is off (moved left). Make sure battery type LED matches the type of battery being charged. Also the LED for Balance on LiPo charge type (should be default setting), then press start.