RC Qualifier

First run on 3S was amazing

I have no idea how fast, but the difference between 2 cell and 3 cell is remarkable. Had one major wreck, guess what broke? A shock cap flew off. Fortunately, I have all kinds of 10-12 year old Stampede and Rustler parts up in the attic, found 4 aluminum shock caps that fit perfectly, and I'm all set to go. Anyway, it was fun, which is the whole idea.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah the difference is big. Almost makes 2s boring. Lol

The shock caps is always one of the first "breaks". Plastic caps on plastic bodies is NOT a good combination...and, it will continue happening, until you upgrade. You could either replace the plastic caps with aluminum caps ('good' option)...or replace the shocks with better shocks, such at the Traxxas GTR shocks ('better' option), which have aluminum bodies & plastic caps...or replace the shocks with all-aluminum shocks, such as the Pro-Line PowerStroke shocks ('best' option). Just depends on how much money you're willing, or can afford, to spend. As I said, until you do one of these upgrade options, those plastic shock caps WILL continue to pop off.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

RC Qualifier
    Yep, already replaced plastic with aluminum shock caps. I can see why 3S tends to cause more breakage.

RC Qualifier
    Keep an eye on the temp on 3s, get a temp gun, an esc fan, and a motor fan like the dynamite 1/10 one that plugs into the receiver. Overall the Rustl4r is pretty solid and you already did the shock cap upgrade.

RC Qualifier
    The first time I ran my original 4Pede on 3S I got about 3-4 minutes of fun and the the rotor in the motor exploded.

You will certainly find any weak parts in your truck running 3S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    First upgrades I did were esc and motor fans. Pretty cheap but effective upgrade that I learned about in this forum.

Mine used to be a speed runner, I got it as roller(well almost, no driveshafts) but now got it up and running. On 3s(vxl3s Vel Sys) motor runs in 160's but esc is 100. I need to get a wild turbo fan and heat sink for motor. That is max temp I want to run motor at and dont want change gearing. 4 times out broke 4 different things. Broke an arm, driveshaft, stripped spur gear and dont remember first thing lol. Good thing I have lots of spare parts! I'm finding myself at full throttle wishing I had more. Like everything else I have this has got to be faster. I'd like it to be bullet proof like my p4des so I can run on 4s. Thatd be fun! Idk if batts are just junk or that I'm just that used to 4s-8s in my rcs. I bought front and rear mip xdutys so far I've only replace the one. I do really like this thing so far! I bought a set of solid blue aluminum china cheapie shocks for 13 bucks last fall for it, pic was before it was running obviously.

Just one more rc, then I'm done.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...