RC poster

Question Need help with my new HR Slipper clutch please!!!

I bought a new hot racing super duty slipper clutch from a main hobbies, but it didn't come with any kind of assembly help. I have tried looking everywhere on the net for some kind of assembly info and can't find anything. Haven't found anything about the HR slipper here on the forums either.

If anyone has any experience/knowledge of how to assemble the Hot Racing Super Duty Slipper Clutch I would greatly appreciate any tips I can get!

Quote Originally Posted by DerekVXL View Post
    I bought a new hot racing super duty slipper clutch from a main hobbies, but it didn't come with any kind of assembly help. I have tried looking everywhere on the net for some kind of assembly info and can't find anything. Haven't found anything about the HR slipper here on the forums either.

If anyone has any experience/knowledge of how to assemble the Hot Racing Super Duty Slipper Clutch I would greatly appreciate any tips I can get!
    Sorry I dont have experience with hr slippers other than ones I recieved in deals as spare parts and never could figure out exactly how they went together either. Thought I just didnt have all the parts for it so threw them in spare parts bin. Probably not gonna find much support for non-traxxas parts here like slipper from hr, it's a traxxas forum. Just curious as to why you went with another slipper anyway. The stock alum slipper is plenty sufficient if properly set up. It runs fine in p4de on 4s- 6s for me. I run full lock up I need to back off 3/4 turn maybe save spurs in the future.

Just one more rc, then I'm done.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC poster
    Ive been using the factory slipper since I got the truck but it needed adjusted. Figured I would try out a little more aggressive setup to see how it felt since it was being tore down for a bearing kit. Ended up throwing the factory slipper back in for now untill I can figure out how to assemble the new one

RC Racer
    If the one you bought looks like the first picture below, follow along on assembly.

You’ll notice pics of spur gear bolts. You may have to file/sand down stock hex bolts so they don’t protrude beyond the slipper friction plate.

Last edited by afreek1000; 05-13-2020 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Add pics