RC Enthusiast

Building a Truck Trail / Crawling Course. (Newbie with a problem)

So I bought my RTR TRX-4 Sport on Friday. Couldn't have bought a kit if I wanted to. Covid-19 has been a blessing for my local hobby shop. They are selling a ton of cars and kits. Traxxas is backordered on TONS of stuff.

Anyway... I really like the truck so I decided to build a little something for it. This video is a just the start. I am going to run a trail / course through about 2 or 3 of our 6 acres. Have to admit, my wife is being super cool about it...

I have upgraded the radio and the servo. Everything is stock. Looking at my terrain what tires would you recommend? We have TONS of sand. Traction is almost non existent. Any mod suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

If you look closely in the background you can see the full size short course track I built for my son and my Slash's. Also, a covid project.

Last edited by Luke's Dad; 05-11-2020 at 01:08 AM.

I have about 10 square meters of space for my drawing in my garden. There's small trails on it that are perfectly sized for crawlers for some reason.

You have a really nice course, I wanted to build on behind my home where there's a forest with a small creek, but after scouting around I got poison oak all over me....so I dunno
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Enthusiast

Perfectly sized for crawlers for some reason

Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    I have about 10 square meters of space for my drawing in my garden. There's small trails on it that are perfectly sized for crawlers for some reason.

You have a really nice course, I wanted to build on behind my home where there's a forest with a small creek, but after scouting around I got poison oak all over me....so I dunno
    Hahaha, just reread the first part of your reply. "For some reason". That's awesome. Maybe Garden Gnomes built them...

Dang... I wish I had some trees and water. I have all of the rocks in the world which is nice but no water. Thinking about using a pond liner and a pump to make a water feature. One problem... Any water attracts wild life. Caught a baby rattler just outside my door this morning. That's 2 in 2 weeks.

RC Racer
    We have a basher race track and crawler course in our backyard. Thank God for large backyards

RC Enthusiast

Big Back Yards

Quote Originally Posted by Trailwalker View Post
    We have a basher race track and crawler course in our backyard. Thank God for large backyards
    Man I hear you there...

Great course!!! It helps a lot when you have some natural terrain to build off of. Most of the rocks for my course have been scavenged out of the woods, leftovers from the logging road they built a couple of years back.

With my LHS being the only one to be open for the last couple of weeks, their business has been booming as well (they are in Idaho, all of the Washington shops are closed). But, they are having a big problem getting restocked, with as bare as the shelves are, you'd figure they were selling hand sanitizer and toilet paper and not RC parts.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Great course!!! It helps a lot when you have some natural terrain to build off of. Most of the rocks for my course have been scavenged out of the woods, leftovers from the logging road they built a couple of years back.

With my LHS being the only one to be open for the last couple of weeks, their business has been booming as well (they are in Idaho, all of the Washington shops are closed). But, they are having a big problem getting restocked, with as bare as the shelves are, you'd figure they were selling hand sanitizer and toilet paper and not RC parts.
    Brother I could mail you 2,000 boulders and never make a dent.

Thanks for checking out my trail. Itís going to grow. Today I put in a huge rock garden under the bridge and replaced the ladder on the giant boulder with more rocks to make it as natural as I can. More pics soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty spoiled I have all kinds of stuff close by

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    Nice!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk