RC poster

Telemetry expander 2.0 SOLID RED LED

Hi guys,

My telemetry expander is not working. Solid red LED. No sensors connected and only connect to the receiver.

I've tried 3 different receivers. No such luck.

The receivers are old, but still support sensors (not TSM). I've used them for years with voltage/temp and RPM. I bought the expander for GPS.

Did traxxas change something with the receivers? Is the expander 2.0 not backwards compatible with an older TQI receiver?

I've looked everywhere and no one has had this issue. The expandere 2.0 instructions don't mention a solid red LED or any issues with older receivers.

Thanks, Cottage4Life

RC Champion
    Mine did the same thing when I first installed it, after deleting it and adding it 3 times it finally worked. I kept thinking something was wrong with it. If you have your GPS unit installed you have to be outside for it to lock onto the satelites, and that can take awhile.

RC poster
    Thanks for the reply Rain Dawg,

I picked up a used TSM receiver. Initially, didn't work with the expander – same issue with the solid red LED. Linked the remote and was prompted to update the receiver (specifically something about TSM update). Update was successful, rebooted the receiver and the expander started flashing the green LED! Great! Went outside and had GPS lock after a couple minutes with accurate speed reading.

After, I tried my older receivers again. No luck, checked for updates... nothing.

I contact Traxxas back when I initially started this thread. They didn't have any answers to the issue and I was gonna send it to them for testing. Maybe they have a backwards compatibility issue?

I'll update this thread if I have an answer.

Thanks, Cottage4Life