RC Racer

Steering pulling xo1

Hi can anyone help me to set up the steering on x01 so it doesnít pull much and is it normal for the x01 to pull to one side

I don't have your car in front of me, so I'll do the best I can under the circumstances. I would first set your car up as per the Traxxas owners manual. Personally, that's how mine is setup, and (IMO) it works very well. At the very least it's the best place to start from.

Second, make sure your steering servo is setup right. Your servo horn should be almost perfectly vertical when your transmitters steering wheel is in center detent position.

Next, look at your tires. If your tires are worn goofy (if you bought a used XO-1), or you started out with new wheels and you've drifted around your turns a lot; this can cause steering pull too. You can check this kind of wear by measuring the diameter of the inside and outside edges of your tires.

If all that (above) looks good, that last thing to check is your steering linkage joints. They maybe wearing out in such a way as to cause you a pulling to the left or right problem.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

Quote Originally Posted by zepplin72 View Post
    Hi can anyone help me to set up the steering on x01 so it doesnít pull much and is it normal for the x01 to pull to one side
    Does your radio / receiver have Traxxas Stability Management (TSM)? If so, turn it up to about 50% and adjust from there. On the XO1, it really helps to keep the car run straight. Iíve also turned down my steering travel to 65%. This helps remove some of the twitchiness when attempting high speed runs.

RC Qualifier
    Check your wheel bearings and servo gears
    Catch my videos at youtube.com/c/offworkhours

try swapping tires from left to right . maybe a tire issue , if all else seems correct

Quote Originally Posted by zepplin72 View Post

traxxas sells front end alignment tools ....................
    also have you weighted the corners to see if it is equal
    Last edited by cooleocool; 06-29-2020 at 01:52 AM. Reason: merge
    XO-1 GUY GETTING OLDER BY THE MINUTE

on the traxxas controller there is a dial that will move the front end to get it straight .......... works well for me

did you get front end fixed ? what did you do ?

Quote Originally Posted by kzsteve View Post
    did you get front end fixed ? what did you do ?
    your welcome for the help