RC Enthusiast

Is this normal? Wheel / Diff question...

Hi Folks,

I rebuilt my rear shocks. They were not matching the front out of the box. While the shocks were off I thought I would see if there was plenty of grease in the rear dif. I opened it up and added a little bit. I put it back together and I am not sure if it is working right. I did not touch the gears (remove them or anything like that) I only added grease.

Here is the question... When the car is off the ground and I turn a rear wheel by hand shouldn't the other rear turn in the opposite direction? Same for the front? Turn right front wheel forward left from should turn backwards? They don't but this is how my Slash 4x4 is. Shouldn't it be the same?

When I turn 1 wheel they all turn.

What did I do???

Wait... This is a TRX-4 Sport without the lock / unlock diff feature. Is this why?
    Last edited by Luke's Dad; 05-12-2020 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke's Dad View Post
    Hi Folks,

I rebuilt my rear shocks. They were not matching the front out of the box. While the shocks were off I thought I would see if there was plenty of grease in the rear dif. I opened it up and added a little bit. I put it back together and I am not sure if it is working right. I did not touch the gears (remove them or anything like that) I only added grease.

Here is the question... When the car is off the ground and I turn a rear wheel by hand shouldn't the other rear turn in the opposite direction? Same for the front? Turn right front wheel forward left from should turn backwards? They don't but this is how my Slash 4x4 is. Shouldn't it be the same?

When I turn 1 wheel they all turn.

What did I do???

Wait... This is a TRX-4 Sport without the lock / unlock diff feature. Is this why?
    Normal it has a spool instead of a diff

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Enthusiast
    Dude... I was pooping my pants. Thank you SOoooo much. I can sleep now...