RC Competitor

Bent both rear shock shafts evenly. Bad setup?

We were doing some rather large jumps but nothing out of the ordinary. Have had minor shaft bends before but have never seen this. Anything I can do to prevent this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    that happened to me also, i guess just a really hard hit. upgrade to aluminum shocks like i did.

RC Racer

Bent both rear shock shafts evenly. Bad setup?

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx0889 View Post
    that happened to me also, i guess just a really hard hit. upgrade to aluminum shocks like i did.
    Iíve been going at it kinda light in the past so I have only busted a steering knuckle so far.

That was at the height of the Virus build up so I replaced it with stock and new bearings and threw in a set of RPM arms with TBone racing skid plates so they should be tough to break.

Anyway, as far as shocks go, are there good economical upgrades that genuinely make sense for the stock setup or should I settle on an upgrade brand, buy a pair, and try them out?

I like to keep an open mind. Genuinely only tweaked the preload springs to fit my driving area. A lot of grass unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is pretty crazy...must have been a heck of a hit! I believe you can get hardened shafts for the ultra shocks if you don't want to upgrade everything now.

RC Competitor
    I think it was from a landing square on the wheel, or more to the rear. My theory is maybe the shock oil was too think, not allowing the shock to compress fast enough, beding the rods. The fronts were fine, but they have the tini shafts in them.

Shock bodies look fine as well, but haven't done the full teardown yet.

RC poster
    air bubbles in the shock, probably needed a good bleed and you blew em right out. when their is air in the system them get super firm, even with a small small amount of it. sounds pretty typical of an ultrashock.

RPM arms flex like a wet noodle and will twist the shocks/driveshafts in directions they were not meant to bend.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos