RC poster

4 Blinking Red Lights After 2 Uses

So I haven't even really bashed the Maxx yet, only used 2s until my 4s batteries came and boom, 4 blinking red lights. Called Traxxas and I am sending them the motor and esc for testing, guess its good it happened within 30 days but annoyed me none the less. Anyone else run into this issue yet?

RC Champion
    Yours is one the the first Maxx
    with an esc/motor issue I have heard of

Happened to my first 6s Xmaxx

Bummer 7-10 day wait time for sure
    fabricator

RC Competitor
    this is why you buy more RC cars.. while 1 is down you have others

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by whoflungpoo View Post
    this is why you buy more RC cars.. while 1 is down you have others
    Have a slash 4x4 vxl, plenty of time to add on it while I wait. Sucks though, just bought it, but it's a defect so maybe they'll just replace it.

RC Enthusiast
    happened to me in 10 days. but i was really hard at it. send in the motor esc to traxxas. got esc replacement in one week. all good. they stand behind their product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    Unfortunately its not as easy in the UK. Had a receiver issue and Traxxas simply told me to go back to my LHS!
    https://www.youtube.com/iftibashir

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IftiBashir View Post
    Unfortunately its not as easy in the UK. Had a receiver issue and Traxxas simply told me to go back to my LHS!
    That is ridiculous. I did get a new esc and motor, but the whole 30 day warranty should be much longer.

RC poster
    My VXL-4s is giving me the 4-red-lights as of yesterday. I'm 2 months in to ownership and wasn't doing anything more than running her on pavement at the time. So, I'm in a similar boat. Not much to troubleshoot. disconnected it from the fan, motor, TSM, & chassis and it still derps outs. I'll update with my "Post-warranty period" warranty interaction when its all said and done.