RC Enthusiast

E Revo 2.0 snapped the back fin off

Hi everyone; just as the topics reads snapped off the rear fin of my model on a nasty crash. The two mounting screws attached to the body were still intact but after another crash snapped those as well. Still donít know how it happened. Looked everywhere and could not find them. I believe there is enough surface area that I could have fixed it but I count find the piece that snapped off.

Do the fins often fail? Can someone point me in the right direction for the parts I need or suggest a fix for this situation? My fin went so quick Iíd be willing to order upgraded parts if thatís an option.

Additionally, I have some cracks in the body. Suggestion on the commonly accepted method for repairing those? Thereís not a bunch of surface area to glue these back together; curious to know how people attempt to fix cracks in the body of these models?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have not seen one fail like that.

As far as I know just stock replacement,. Don't think there is anything upgradable that would make it stronger.

For the body, fiber tape and shoe goo or e6000. There are other options, from duct tape to flex seal , bed liner

https://www.rctech.net/forum/paintin...ny-photos.html

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Nice job. I haven't seen a break like that either. Your break is that 1 in a million, LOL. I would replace it with stock parts. If you upgrade that part and it didn't break, it would break your rear body mount.

You can still drive it with a broken wing but without a body everything is exposed.

I broke mine like that. I don't have a wing though, just a hunk of HDPE to give me something to land on instead of just the body/body posts (I have v1 body/posts on mine).

I boiled the replacement before putting it on and it's been holding up well to a lot of stupidity on my part.

I got tired of replacing the wing. Seemed like I was going through a wing every 3-4 bash sessions. They would just get all torn up, then poke my fingers/hand when I picked it up by the wing mount/area.

https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss

RC Enthusiast
    Here I thought I was special; now I realize Iím one of many who broke that Wing mount LOL. As olds pointed out, given my low skill level and propensity to push hard when running the model I donít think Iím going to drop $15 into a new wing at this point. I am going to buy a new mount but Iíll save the money on the wing and try to repair the one Iíve got as buying a new one is just going to end up getting beat anyway.

My question at this point; per the picture below, you can see how my wing is currently broken. I tried to superglue just didnít hold up. What do you guys use to make strong bonds for this type of break? I was thinking maybe a two-part epoxies but Iím interested to hear what the professionals think?

Quote Originally Posted by ddigler View Post
    Here I thought I was special; now I realize I’m one of many who broke that Wing mount LOL. As olds pointed out, given my low skill level and propensity to push hard when running the model I don’t think I’m going to drop $15 into a new wing at this point. I am going to buy a new mount but I’ll save the money on the wing and try to repair the one I’ve got as buying a new one is just going to end up getting beat anyway.

My question at this point; per the picture below, you can see how my wing is currently broken. I tried to superglue just didn’t hold up. What do you guys use to make strong bonds for this type of break? I was thinking maybe a two-part epoxies but I’m interested to hear what the professionals think?

When mine did that, I cut the outside part off flush with the 2 middle ribs, so I had a 4" wide wing. lol!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    When mine did that, I cut the outside part off flush with the 2 middle ribs, so I had a 4" wide wing. lol!
    Thatís one solution lol

RC poster
    I have a question I have an e Revo I have the xerun 150a hobby wing says 2s to 6s I put a 2s in and it hesitates and doesn't really work right 3s it stands right up works for 20 seconds then nothing 4s and the thing rips insane stands right up flips over with too much throttle but now my spur gear and motor turn but the wheels do not I did order another tranny is that my problem I checked the slipper clutch but was tight

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    I run with no wing, no rear bumper, no mounts. Cut out rear
    and corners of the body so they don't contact ground and rip. It won't look as good but is way more durable. After replacing the wing and mount system several times I came to this solution. Also prevents ripping of the rear chassis brace when it's plastic. Prevents bending of the rear chassis brace when aluminum. Prevents wing from breaking. There is zero aerodynamic change because at 12 lbs and 50 mph, that wing does nothing. Get that stinking thing off there.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    I run with no wing, no rear bumper, no mounts. Cut out rear
    and corners of the body so they don't contact ground and rip. It won't look as good but is way more durable. After replacing the wing and mount system several times I came to this solution. Also prevents ripping of the rear chassis brace when it's plastic. Prevents bending of the rear chassis brace when aluminum. Prevents wing from breaking. There is zero aerodynamic change because at 12 lbs and 50 mph, that wing does nothing. Get that stinking thing off there.
    Very helpful thank you! I am going to fix it this time because Iíve already ordered the parts but already considered what you had mentioned. Wouldnít doubt if it continues to fail at which point I will try your solution next time!

RC Racer
    last night i made my own out of plexy glass. Turned out really good, if I can get help on how to post pics I can do that

Quote Originally Posted by Bcmgunner View Post
    last night i made my own out of plexy glass. Turned out really good, if I can get help on how to post pics I can do that
    Use Tapatalk app on phone.. best way to post pics and vids.

RC Racer
    Ok gimme a sec

RC Racer
    Okay here is a fin I did for my erevo 2.0 last night. I can do way better..did this one in 10 minutes..
    Last edited by Bcmgunner; 05-20-2020 at 12:02 AM.

Okay here is a fin I did for my erevo 2.0 last night. I can do way better..did this one in 10 minutes..
    Looking good. Will be interesting to see how that material holds up to bashing

To me wing area is just something to take impact on crashes vs body. I don't see it having any aerodynamic help with the car.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post

To me wing area is just something to take impact on crashes vs body. I don't see it having any aerodynamic help with the car.

I agree. In my opinion this wing should hold up better than stock. Time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post

That's why I just made the block wing thing out of something durable, but "slippery", so it would be less likely to dig into the ground and provide body protection.

I agree. In my opinion this wing should hold up better than stock. Time will tell.
    Good luck. I hope it does for you.

I just don't see Plexiglas working well in an RC environment. (It's too rigid and not flexible)

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    That's why I just made the block wing thing out of something durable, but "slippery", so it would be less likely to dig into the ground and provide body protection.
    I got a bunch of this material, if anyone wants some. Got about 40ft worth I was just going to throw away.

3.25in wide 1/2in thick. Pretty slippery feeling.