RC poster

Need help Low Voltage Protection

Hello all. I pulled a few of my old RC cars out of the closet now that my son is of age. Someone told me the NiMH batteries were trash and just to buy a few lipos 2s. They work great in my Rustler. But my slash runs for about 15 seconds or so, or it might be a distance thing and then blinks red, limits the throttle to 50% and I read it is low voltage protection. I stick the same battery (i just charged) into the Rustler and no problems.
    Yes I checked all the basics, made sure the light was solid green, and on the right profile. So I took it to my local hobby shop and was told that it is 'VERY' uncommon but possible the esc went out. Ordered a new one and same problem. The motor had a whine in it, replaced it, still no dice. I dont know what to do or why I am getting this problem. Please help.
    My last option is setting the throttle on the HPI 2.4ghz remote, and if that fails switching back to the traxxas AM transmitter. Is it possible that the throttle on the remote is having it hit low voltage protection? Thanks for all your help.

RC poster
    Hey im having this same problem with my rustler. iv replaced the motor with no luck. the esc was going to be my next buy but now seeing this im not sure if i should spend the money. Did you ever figure this out? i was also curious if you are using an adapter to run the lipo? im running an adapter that converts the traxxas plug into the deans style. i dont have issues with my drift car running with the adapter with the same motor/esc combo but the rustler has waaaaay more run time with the adapter so i was thinking it could be that?