RC Competitor

Exclamation Traxxas 2 cell 7600mAh lipo battery

I just received a brand new Traxxas 2 cell 7600mAh lipo battery. I put it on my dual ID charger, to put it in storage mode. it has been about 8 hours and it still isn't completed. Is this normal? A possible issue with the battery?

I don't have a cell checker, and my multimeter is at work, so I can't check anything. I am new to lipos and the other 4 batteries I have never done this. Any ideas? I'm wondering if there was a significant charge in this battery, and it is trying to discharge. Thank you!

If the battery was brand new it should have come from the shelf in storage voltage. Sometimes they could be a little higher and your charger was discharging the battery to bring it down.

I had an issue with a new battery yesterday. Charged from storage and it took about two minutes to full. I discharged it using the charger and it took nearly two hours. Then charged it full and took its normal time.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    If the battery was brand new it should have come from the shelf in storage voltage. Sometimes they could be a little higher and your charger was discharging the battery to bring it down.

I had an issue with a new battery yesterday. Charged from storage and it took about two minutes to full. I discharged it using the charger and it took nearly two hours. Then charged it full and took its normal time.
    Thanks for the reply! It was supposed to be brand new. I ordered a Slash 4x4 direct from Traxxas, and they were out of stock on batteries when I ordered it. The Slash is arriving today. (I don't have a LHS close by) So I took to eBay to get a battery and used a seller I bought other batteries from recently. I believe they are a LHS that sells on eBay. It looks new, and the box didn't seem to have been open, but there wasn't any foam in the box like the other ones had.

I guess I will have to see how it acts when I go to fully charge it and use it later.

Another quick question I have, I have read somewhere that you should keep the batteries together and use them in pairs. If you have a truck that uses two. My only other electric truck is a Summit. The battery I got yesterday is for the Slash. My question is, if I want to have 2 batteries for the Slash, when I take it and run it, can I charge one of the other batteries that I have been using for the Summit? They are the exact same batteries. Or, should I just get another battery just for the Slash?

I know it's a long winded post, but I am completely new to electric RC, and don't want to do anything wrong and mess up my batteries. Thanks!

If you have three exact same batteries then you can use any combination of two in a truck that uses a pair.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    Ok great thanks! From what I read, I thought you had to run them in "matched" pairs so to speak.