RC Competitor

Suspension tuning for grass

interested in a thread on what settings to change to stop rolling over .are there option sway bars? Remove spool in the rear, shock oil, etc

I would say the suspension is pretty optimized for most types of terrain. The problem is the locked rear axle, since it sort of binds up the drive train when turning. Changing the rear spool to a differential will make it handle much better. (I think it is part number 8576)

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto5119 View Post
    interested in a thread on what settings to change to stop rolling over .are there option sway bars? Remove spool in the rear, shock oil, etc
    Mine rolled over all the time until I went to the more realistic training mode. You’re taking a vehicle that was optimized for 15+ mph and doubling the physics at sport mode. That hole in the ground that your UDR handles beautiful in training mode now either breaks something up front or launches your rig into a tumble at sport mode. And power slides. Too much Traxxas power causes the tires to catch on their edge and your UDR goes into barrel rolls
    I don’t want that to happen to my UDR anymore (after 3 nasty “speed runs” and a discarded body) Especially with my new body with a custom paint job being done now by Zegers RC Graffixx
    Your truck will look a lot better when running (more realistic), break less and in turn cost way less money to run. Power slides - without the barrel rolls. Tight turns that you can’t power slide are much easier to handle
    Just give it a try. You’ll be impressed. And as you can see my UDR runs on 4S. But 6S is still at least 25+ mph on training mode. And you can always advance to sport mode when you’re comfortable. Good luck with that. There’s still physics involved...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RC Racer
    Remove the spool....and add an open diff. Makes a huge difference....less roll overs. Best thing I did to mine.....also did it to my cousins UDR. He loves it more now....

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingDutchman View Post
    Remove the spool....and add an open diff. Makes a huge difference....less roll overs. Best thing I did to mine.....also did it to my cousins UDR. He loves it more now....
    Spool removed.HUGE difference. I was in a rush installing it and didn't check if it came with oil.i assume fully assembled includes oil. U know what weight oil? Its a new truck now

RC Competitor
    Just an update. The complete rear diff only has a little greese in it. I added 60,000 weight and its better. I would of gone higher if I had it.

Thanks for the help, I'm going to try the rear diff.
    UDR, Xmaxx, Rally, Slash 4X4, TRX-4, Summit 1/16

RC Competitor
    Now I put 100,000 in the rear. I'm thinking maybe 150 or 200,000. But I'm gonna wait too I get 3mm sway bars

Now I put 100,000 in the rear. I'm thinking maybe 150 or 200,000. But I'm gonna wait too I get 3mm sway bars
    Which sway bar did you get, Hot Racing? Looking at replacing my stock front and rear too. Thanks
    UDR, Xmaxx, Rally, Slash 4X4, TRX-4, Summit 1/16

RC Competitor
    Yes,hot racing .it's good .

RC Competitor
    Get the vitavon sway bar, its prob the best one made.....
    https://www.ebay.com/i/283892089634?...gaArY2EALw_wcB

RC Competitor
    Put 1million in the rear. Anything less and inside tire unloads bad cause it's top heavy