RC Racer

Proline Ram body fitment issues..

As you can see in the photos, the front of my new body is way longer than the truck... itís like in order to make everything fit, itís like I need to either totally redesign the whole front bumper or set it up so that the front bumper is behind the front of the body. Help....lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    The way it looks. It was designed to go over the bumper. So you'll have to be careful of not hitting anything head on. Or cut slots in the bumper of the body and design a new bumper brkt.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by robs9 View Post
    The way it looks. It was designed to go over the bumper. So you'll have to be careful of not hitting anything head on. Or cut slots in the bumper of the body and design a new bumper brkt.

It was?? Hmm. Well, I know this is a T-Maxx in the picture so, Iím not sure how the front bumpers attach to those opposed to the Revo but how would I design a whole new bumper mount? But I have to have some kind of front-end protection on this thing. Lol.

RC poster
    Is your revo the short chassis model? If so that is why that body is for the extended or newer model

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by foxbryan18 View Post
    Is your revo the short chassis model? If so that is why that body is for the extended or newer model

Well, I guess maybe it could be but I thought that was the older 5308 models... mine is the 5309...

RC poster
    Yea I really don't know when it changed. It was just a thought.

That does look long. Try taking your wing mount off and see if that gives you more room.

RC Racer
    Well, I got it on to where I could ream the holes for the body posts. Even got it to clear the wing on the back.

It kinda looks like I might have to find some longer screws to go with the nylon spacer tubes I got to mount the bumper to the bumper bracket.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    That does look long. Try taking your wing mount off and see if that gives you more room.
    It did but then the wheel wells didnít line up at that point.

Itís a little large but pretty much my only hiccup is the front bumper mount.

Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    It kinda looks like I might have to find some longer screws to go with the nylon spacer tubes I got to mount the bumper to the bumper bracket.
    That should work also.

RC Racer
    That should work also.
    Just having a hard time finding some longer of the two short screws that screw the front bumper to that springy oval bumper mount.

RC Racer
    Well, I got the bumper on.... found some stainless steel pan head screws to put in some nylon spacers.

Looking at the third picture, now I donít know if I wanna just trim the the actual body bumper off right below the grille or leave it.

RC Racer

RC Racer
    Well here she is, folks.

RC poster
    Nice job. Sometimes it takes 2or3 or 10 looks before we figure it out. It looks nice.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by robs9 View Post
    Nice job. Sometimes it takes 2or3 or 10 looks before we figure it out. It looks nice.

Thank you. If you had the ability to look at it up close youíd see thereís
    just a couple imperfections in the paint where I donít think I got it exactly totally spic and span clean on the inside after handling it when I masked it off and thereís like one or two spots were I didnít have my masking tape totally sealed and I got a little bit of the purple paint right below the gray paint but like I said, you really got to be standing up close to it and really be checking it out to see those imperfections becsyse overall, I think I did a really good job on it and I was sweating about how it was gonna turn out once I got the overspray film off.

The only thing left now to do is go around with maybe a piece of sandpaper or something and just smooth out the edges around where I cut the hole for the motor to stick out through, the hole I had to drill in the back between the back body posts for the easy start to plug into and the hole I had to drill for the fuel tank opening. Just a few odd and end things.

Nice job! I like the color.

RC Racer
    Nice job! I like the color.
    Thank you ....

RC poster
    Well made.
    If i can make a sugestion, i would consider opening a gate on the front and rear windows. The motor could became very hot , because it seem to be slightly covered. I have a 3.3 since 2006, and a cut that hole's, for better ventilation.
    It's just a suggestion, but it can work like it is.

RC Racer

Proline Ram body fitment issues..

Quote Originally Posted by Single Spark View Post
    Well made.
    If i can make a sugestion, i would consider opening a gate on the front and rear windows. The motor could became very hot , because it seem to be slightly covered. I have a 3.3 since 2006, and a cut that hole's, for better ventilation.
    It's just a suggestion, but it can work like it is.
    Yeah, I cut out the front door windows but Iím also considering to open up the back window to match how it is on the original body to get more of a flow-through design since ever since putting the new body on, I think the motor has been running a little warm because it seems like now once the motor gets warmed up, I canít seem to run a full tank without at least at some point the motor stalling after a random time of letting off the throttle and it not wanting to start back up again like itís outta fuel.

Thanks, btw for the like... Iím pretty proud at how it turned out for my first time.