RC Racer

Brushed motor break in

Do you still have to break in brushed motors these day? 15 years ago you had to run them in a glass of water to break them in. Neccessary or a waste of time?

RC poster
    With the 21t in these just use a 2s and drive gently. Not really needed.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I bought the sport kit so I'm motor shopping right now. Got the hobbywing 1080 esc in my cart along with the holmes hobbies 21t 550. Any last minute recommendations before i click buy?

RC poster
    I have that same motor. Same recommendation. Don't start with 3s drive gently on 2s. In this application and maintenance they last forever.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Ok thanks man. Also, does anyone know if the sport kit comes with a water proof reciever box?

RC poster
    Reciever box should be water "resistant" have watched lots of videos of fording and even a filling submerged video or two. I think you will be good as long as do the silicone bead and foam right. Also make sure all wires are in a groove and not on tab/divider/rib.

How long should "wear in" period be? I have a few battery packs through my Crawler kit, we barely got a pack through my girls G500. She's kinda sad that mine a bit faster