RC poster

Original 6s XMaxx, black wire burned between battery connectors

The black wire burned in the middle between the battery connectors. I'm finding all the electronics are no longer available to buy. Is there something special with that wire or could I make my own?

RC Champion
    A Hobby Wing Max6 esc will cure the problem

You can try a wire between the battery connectors
    6s vxl6s esc is probably on its way out
    fabricator

Traxxas sent out connectors when the 6s came out. It had leads on both ends and was about 4 in length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    8 X-MAXX's and 1 MAXX....

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmanblue View Post
    The black wire burned in the middle between the battery connectors. I'm finding all the electronics are no longer available to buy. Is there something special with that wire or could I make my own?
    Traxxas did have a recall on the 6s Xmaxx.
    Here is a link to see some info on it:https://traxxas.com/support/repair-exchange/20160115

RC Qualifier
    Stanmanblue, if you try to put a new wire between these conectors, put a more stiff one and it is possible, silicone isolant, is better for the high temps.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanmanblue View Post

After reading grizzly03's link maybe you should contact Traxxas and not run it.
    Last edited by Rain Dawg; 05-16-2020 at 06:51 PM. Reason: add

It could be the fusible link that Traxxas put on the 6s ESCs. If that it the case then do not use it. Putting a replacement wire on it is looking for trouble.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Thank you for the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    It could be the fusible link that Traxxas put on the 6s ESCs. If that it the case then do not use it. Putting a replacement wire on it is looking for trouble.
    That's what it sounds like. I don't think Traxxas sells the 6s to 8s conversion kit anymore. If they don't, maybe Traxxas will let him use his old 6s ESC (along with some moola) for a new 8s ESC. He'll still be able to run at 6s if he wants, which would actually be the best way to go anyway, since he's still using the 6s chassis.
    Better to die a man, than live like a girly-guy.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    That's what it sounds like. I don't think Traxxas sells the 6s to 8s conversion kit anymore. If they don't, maybe Traxxas will let him use his old 6s ESC (along with some moola) for a new 8s ESC. He'll still be able to run at 6s if he wants, which would actually be the best way to go anyway, since he's still using the 6s chassis.
    Thank you for the advice. I going with the 8s esc running 6s batteries. The other upgrades to complete the 8s will come over time. I appreciate everyone who commented.