RC Enthusiast

Motor fans not spinning all the time?

Noticed that my motor fans are not spinning all the time - I was wondering if they dont run all the time as one seems to kick in on intervals well it seems like it wants to start but doesnt so not sure if they only kick in or should be running all the time and as such need replacing after 3 runs?

Could someone please let me know if they should run all the time?

Cheers

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    What esc do you have?

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Also, are these 2 motor fans? If so, they both should be running together, and on full time

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Stock ESC and motor - I am talking about the Velineon dual motor fan - ESC fan is fine

RC Competitor
    If stock, they should run all the time. I would take the shroud off and inspect it while powered on; maybe something got stuck inside and is jamming the fan?

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBall View Post
    If stock, they should run all the time. I would take the shroud off and inspect it while powered on; maybe something got stuck inside and is jamming the fan?
    did that already - negative - all spinning freely - you can see one fan trying to spin on an interval level like every X seconds but thats it really ... might just connect with my LHS to see if I can get a replacement or replace it altogether

Did you check for loose connection inside the fan shroud?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

One fan seems to be on the blink

Call Traxxas support. They may just ship you a replacement

RC Enthusiast
    cheers fellas, tested the fans individually, worked fine, checked everything again:
    first receiver box one cable not inserted correctly )probably reason for this), put everything together not spinning ... reverse procedure, fan shroud comes off not spinning, pushed the fans out spinning - ok fan shroud issue - pushed around tried different positions works - motor back in all back together - all working as should ... another issue resolved thanks

RC Enthusiast
    Had it out today - flat on a pitch to clock its speed offroad - 18/46 - 43mpm as per traxxas telemetry 2.0 including GPS - pinion came lose and when I checked it over one fan was stuck again something must be off with the shroud will have to check tomorrow or replace it

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by r4nd0m View Post
    Had it out today - flat on a pitch to clock its speed offroad - 18/46 - 43mpm as per traxxas telemetry 2.0 including GPS - pinion came lose and when I checked it over one fan was stuck again something must be off with the shroud will have to check tomorrow or replace it
    Take a look for an Sky RC shroud or Castle.

https://www.skyrc.com/Accessory/Motor_Cooling_Fan

http://www.castlecreations.com/en/ot...an-011-0019-00

And always use strong thread locker for this screws.

RC Racer
    The fans should be running at the same time with each other if they aren't you could have some dirt or dust in the fan bearing allowing it not to spin right. I had the same on my esc (but on my slash)

RC Enthusiast
    it was an issue with the shroud fitting ... next one partially broke and I have replaced them both - not an issue since