RC poster

Rustler VXL 2WD stub axles

Hello,

usually i find the required parts very easily, sometimes with little more search. This time, i need advise: I have a Rustler VXL 2WD w/ broken rear stub axles. i've modified gear to have more torque (so less speed, so less overheat), with badlands (larger) rear tires. So i want to replace by matching or better/reinforced parts and found:

original: TRX 6853X
    better:TRX 6852X
    best (?): TRX 6852A

Im pretty sure, the first will work. I dont know, if the latter two are compatible, since they are listed for 4x4 (and others). And i wonder, if there is first or third party replacement with better performance. Goal is not replace this part any time soon; im looking on the money but its not the first decision point.

Any suggestions ?
    Marc

RC Racer
    [Typewriter noises] . . . Somewhere in the Eastwest . . .
    The 6852A should be enough for whatever you are doing, and I have personally had good experience with the X (not quite as strong), but I have the XL-5 model, so the X may not be enough for the VXL. There is someone on here who uses the 6852A with 4S LiPo and paddle tires, so they should definitely work for you. I think it would be worth the slight amount more up front to just go with the 6852A, because you'd rather buy nice than twice. There is an aftermarket axle made by the company MIP called the X-Duty that is highly recommended, as well as the Traxxas 1951R, but both of those are pretty expensive, and likely overkill.

Remember to buy them in pairs so that you don't have different driveshafts on each side.
    I might have addicted my friend to RC. O.o

RC poster
    Hello Is It Broken?,

"Buy to cheap, and you'll buy twice" – thats exactly what i tried to avoid. Thank you very much for you quick reply, i will go with the 6852A then and not with aftermarket. Saved me a lot of uneducated guesswork.

Do i want to start another thread on "why is my speed-throttled VLX overheating, despide additional cooling fan" or can you advise on that as well? Same car, VXL 2WD, active cooling fan, reduced speed by gear box, large/badlands wheels: still overheats after eg. 10 min. NOT (!) bashing around. Speedy driving, yes, but never full thrust. More wet sand than dry one, more tarmac than grass (yes, variable terrain). Overheats w/ or w/o fan, on cold days (5 degrees Celsius) or warm (20). It started overheating when using the large wheels (yes, i know why, diameter, torque, ...) but i never got control on that.

Good ideas on that?
    Marc

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    My suggestion is 1951Rís. Been running them for years on my speed runner Rusty. 4 and 6S. No issues other than the boots will tear. They sell rebuild kits for them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk