RC Enthusiast

Question stuttering esc and motor fan?

Been having this issue with my fans where they start to stutter and after I set the car down it stops and lets the fans continue. starting to think its my esc wire that is maybe messed up. but thought I would ask to see if anyone knew what the problem was or how to fix it.

RC Competitor
    do you have the Integy Dual Fan Heatsink combo? I had that problem to with mine. give the fan combo a couple of taps, and/or blow in it. it usualy helps for me. I do it when they turn at only half speed, which they do when I have run my slash in a dusty place. it sometimes helps to to just let them spin for a couple of minuits, and than all the dust should be out of the bearings

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bean View Post
    do you have the Integy Dual Fan Heatsink combo? I had that problem to with mine. give the fan combo a couple of taps, and/or blow in it. it usualy helps for me. I do it when they turn at only half speed, which they do when I have run my slash in a dusty place. it sometimes helps to to just let them spin for a couple of minuits, and than all the dust should be out of the bearings
    I did have the integer fan but I ended up breaking that setup and am now onto a dual fan that I can't remember the name and Im still having the same issue. ill have to give Traxxas a call and see what I can do. thanks for the response

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bean View Post
    * while it is running. Sorry, I forgot to mention this. But you’re welcome.

It's likely not an ESC issue and Traxxas will direct you to discuss the problems with the manufacturer(s) of the fan(s). I've been through many Castle fans that have the same issue where they groan on start-up and it takes a minute or two for them to get up to full speed. Happens on both my Slash's regardless if the power is coming from the receiver or the ESC plug. Cleaning and reoiling the bushings helps for a little bit.
    The Super Derecho