RC Enthusiast

E Revo transmission issues

I was bashing today when I broke the center drive shaft right underneath the end of the servo saver when self righting was on admittedly I should have stopped bashing here but I kept on bashing to the point where I completely broke the transmission if you push it the rear wheels will just drag along on ground and wonít even move rear differential is fine what is causing this

Thanks for any help

Edit
    Spur gear and pinion are fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Smashem77; 05-20-2020 at 08:23 PM.

Take the transmission and center diff out and check them out. If the rear diff truly is fine then your problem is either with the trans, center diff, or the motor is locked up.

Center diff issues. Or drive line or rear diff issues.

Remove the rear driveline from transmission and the roll the tires. If rears still locked up. Remove rear diff and look for broken stuff.

If rear moves fine, it's center diff area.

Remove front drive line and test from spur gear down by hand. Pull transmission and test by hand Check for broken stuff as you go.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast

E Revo transmission issues

Iím now 99% positive it is a burnt up motor when I undo the pinion a little it spins free around the shaft probably a result of trencher belted tires as I did not change the pinion then only installed fans

RC Enthusiast
    If it's the stock Velineon, then it's expected that they will seize often and for no good reason. Even with good fans. I really do hate them and had 4 do that to me. Do yourself a favor and upgrade to Castle 1515 or Hobbywing 4274. They drop right in.

RC Enthusiast
    Yes itís a stock velenion

RC Enthusiast
    Iím looking at better motors Iím thinking about getting the hobbywing as it is very cheap my question is is the hobbling compatible with the stock esc

Quote Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
    If it's the stock Velineon, then it's expected that they will seize often and for no good reason...
    Mine has been fine. I also dropped a tooth on the pinion. The OP said they installed different tires without regearing. I wouldn't say that is "for no good reason." How could that not overheat the motor?

I'm sorry it happened. Watch your temps and gear accordingly, it will help any motor last.

Quote Originally Posted by Smashem77 View Post
    Iím now 99% positive it is a burnt up motor when I undo the pinion a little it spins free around the shaft probably a result of trencher belted tires as I did not change the pinion then only installed fans

If your remove the motor so that pinion doesn't touch the spur gear or remove completely. And power car on and run motor through rpm range to wot how does it behave?

If motor removed and you roll the car does everything seem fine.

If new contract Traxxas as perhaps under warranty if motor no longer works.

RC Enthusiast
    When I run the motor it will move but when I let go of throttle it stops instantly (no brake applied) if you go full throttle the esc goes into stage 2 over current protection

Quote Originally Posted by Smashem77 View Post
    When I run the motor it will move but when I let go of throttle it stops instantly (no brake applied) if you go full throttle the esc goes into stage 2 over current protection

Sounds like perhaps motor may be toast.

Perhaps give Traxxas a call in morning and if new can get a warranty claim. Depending on if your brave enough can open up motor and check things out to see if obvious issues.

Unfortunately motor parts are not replaceable. Bearings can be be. But trx says they are not.