RC Racer

replacement body

when you jump with a slash, the wheels hit the inside of the body, and that gets damaged because of it. so even if you never land upside-down, your body will get damaged. Do you guys know of a body that fits the slash, and doesn't cover the wheels? that would be better for jumping, I think, because of that, and it's more aerodynamic.

or is the unbreakable body (for the slash), by RCmaniacs worth the extra Ä20? they make the unbreakable body for the X-Maxx, and Kevin Talbot tested the durability of it, and it was great. RCmaniacs also make an unbreakable body for the slash.

The BAJR body or a bug body works well.

Likely the one part that takes the most abuse is the body, and people have come up with all kinds of ideas to make it last longer. Some coat the inside with drywall tape, or paint the body with truck bead liner. In the end, the body will still fall apart.

I look at the body as a consumable item, just like tires. It has a finite life span that is dependent upon how good, or bad I drive. I paint them up, I put Shoe Goo on all of the places the body will make contact with the chassis, and I have fun. I patch the body when I can, but in the end, it is just a thin chunk of plastic taking a lot of abuse. When the body is no longer serviceable, I toss it and paint up another one.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

While it would still get hit by the tires, you might consider the new Tough-Color Black bodies that were just released by Pro-Line. First, since the black color is molded into the bodies, tire scuffs wouldn't be noticable. Second, as the Lexan used in their "Tough" bodies is considerably thicker than the Lexan used in 'standard' bodies, these things are designed to take a beating...extreme beatings. Yes, they cost more than the 'standard' bodies, but, from what I've read (based on the original white Tough bodies), these things are like Duracell batteries - they keep going, and going, and going.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    these things are like Duracell batteries - they keep going, and going, and going.

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    psst. Energizer.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    psst. Energizer.
    Lol...yup, ya got en that one. Just woke up, haven't had coffee yet, thus brain is only at 10%. Just for the laughs, I'm gonna leave that one uncorrected. Even gave me a good laugh. Maybe that bunny's drum can help wake the brain.

Technically, I think the story goes is the copper top came out with the bunny a decade or two prior and when the trademark lapsed Energizer capitalized on it. So you are partially correct. Now get some coffee.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
    Second, as the Lexan used in their "Tough" bodies is considerably thicker than the Lexan used in 'standard' bodies, these things are designed to take a beating...extreme beatings. Yes, they cost more than the 'standard' bodies, but, from what I've read (based on the original white Tough bodies), these things are like Duracell batteries - they keep going, and going, and going.
    I'm not sure that these bodies are tougher than the clear bodies.
    The tough refers to the color "Tough-Color (Black) Body", not to the material used.
    It's not made of the same material as the Armor bodies (the Armor bodies are twice the price).

RC Racer
    The unbreakable bodyís from RCmaniacs (eBay) are cheaper. Are they just as good/better? Or hasnít any of you used it?

En Stijn, ben je Nederlands/Belgisch?

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Technically, I think the story goes is the copper top came out with the bunny a decade or two prior and when the trademark lapsed Energizer capitalized on it. So you are partially correct. Now get some coffee.
    Had coffee, will think (more clearly). Now, if y'all will excuse me, time to load a couple of trucks, and a few boats, into the car for a day of RC fun in the Las Vegas sun.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bean View Post
    En Stijn, ben je Nederlands/Belgisch?
    Nederlands, groeten !

You can always raise the body a bit.

Also, lining the inside of the body where tires and nerf bars rub the inside with aluminum foil tape works great!

Good luck and haver fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer
    Sadly, it keeps peeling of. It doesn’t stick very well to the glue+drywall tape (is that how it’s called?), but I can replace it. The problem is that when I jump, the wheels slam info the body, and it has nice big cracks now

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    The BAJR body or a bug body works well.
    Wich one is better? Or are they equally good?

I cut the fenders off of both the BAJR and Baja bodies and had no problems. I don't like fenders on my rigs and like the bodies sitting low:

BAJR:

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...354-WarBAJR-II

Baja:

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post6096264

Other bodies I have had:

Illusion RC8e Hi-Flow:

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post6011869

VG Racing Rally cage:

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post6013645

Custom Axial Yeti cage:

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post6308516

Arrma Typhon:

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...Burning-Chrome

and even a old water bottle:

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post5856866

The only body that I had that covered the wheels was the Toyota Tundra:

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...atinum-Edition

Why? Look in the background...

Have fun and make it yours!

RC Racer
    Nice bodies. They look way better than they normally look, on other foto’s. How do you get them to sit that low?

Made my own body mounts, chopped the bodies to look how I want and moved the electronics if they were in the way.

In other words, have a vision and make it happen!

Have fun!

RC Enthusiast
    Also, Pro-Line extended body mounts could also make the trick: they can leave enough clearance, not to have the wheels hit your body. Different style, though :-)

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bean View Post
    Wich one is better? Or are they equally good?
    From my experience, Bajr is stronger body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss my BAJR body. Maybe time to change things up a bit...

Not now, but later. Too many other projects to finish first.

Necessities before accessories.