Thread: Trx6

RC Enthusiast

Trx6

Should I buy the trx 6? I know this is a trx4 forum I have a defender but not really happy with it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    It really depends on your own opinion. How are you not happy with the Defender? Is it too slow, does it flip over too easily in your opinion? You should only get it if you really like it.

No worries, the TRX4 forum is meant for the TRX6 too.

Telling us what your not satisfied with your TRX4 can help a lot in determining if the TRX6 would be a good purchase for you. The TRX6 is like a TRX4 with more traction, better performance in some ways. They handle about the same, the TRX6 has a larger turning circle due to the extra axel.

If you don't like how the TRX4 can't go over some large rocks, the TRX6 will, but it flips over just as easily (without the body) , has roughly (a little less) the same speed, and pretty much the same features.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Enthusiast

Trx6

What would you prefer for extreme crawling my trx is just top heavy is the trx sport any better performing than my defender

Quote Originally Posted by michaelbackwood View Post
    What would you prefer for extreme crawling my trx is just top heavy is the trx sport any better performing than my defender

The Defender is lousy for hard-core crawling, and is more intended to be a scale off-road RC. Getting another body and adding weight down low will change your experience with the TRX4 greatly.

The TRX6 is an outstanding vertical crawler, but it is big and heavy, and gets a little tippy on more extreme side-hills without some additional weight down low.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

For extreme crawling, you might want to go for a motor on axel crawler, but those are less "scale" than these types of rigs. There is buggy like rigs from Axial like the Capra, which is more of an extreme rock crawler.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    For extreme crawling, you might want to go for a motor on axel crawler, but those are less "scale" than these types of rigs. There is buggy like rigs from Axial like the Capra, which is more of an extreme rock crawler.
    Thanks and I was leaning toward axial any way and have looked at the Capra I just like the look of the trx6 and a YouTube video I watched rated it the best 2020 crawler but thatís why I ask for opinions

Thanks and I was leaning toward axial any way and have looked at the Capra I just like the look of the trx6 and a YouTube video I watched rated it the best 2020 crawler but that’s why I ask for opinions

A TRX4 with portal weights and other weights, and a lighter body, and some other upgrades can make it a veeeerrrrrry good performing crawler, and can out crawl a near stock capra, but you're going to have to spend a bit of cash. The TRX6 can do better in some places, like vertical climbing and descending, but if you're looking for a more cost-effective high performance cralwer, the tube chassis crawler and MOA (Motor On Axel) are going to be your best bet.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    A TRX4 with portal weights and other weights, and a lighter body, and some other upgrades can make it a veeeerrrrrry good performing crawler, and can out crawl a near stock capra, but you're going to have to spend a bit of cash. The TRX6 can do better in some places, like vertical climbing and descending, but if you're looking for a more cost-effective high performance cralwer, the tube chassis crawler and MOA (Motor On Axel) are going to be your best bet.
    I have upgraded the servo and put a 35 turn tekin motor on it and of course the light kit but no weight upgrades or tires

RC Enthusiast
    I have upgraded the servo and put a 35 turn tekin motor on it and of course the light kit but no weight upgrades or tires

I bought the trx 6 and have put a hobbywing axe motor and esc combo and a savox servo
    And magnet mounts

RC Qualifier
    I bought the trx 6 and have put a hobbywing axe motor and esc combo and a savox servo
    And magnet mounts

Looks awesome, enjoy it, the Axe is a great stuff.

RC Enthusiast
    Looking to trade a set of traxxas traxx for a brushless system for 1/10 scale crawler