RC Competitor

Xmaxx 1200xl motor not giving power. Plz help!

Iíve got a 1200xl motor that isnít giving the power that it has. The car does move, but itís not wheelie ing or being aggressive as the 1600xl motor was. Inside tho, it does look a bit darker than being copper, but nothing stinks or smells. Am I just stupid and the motor is toast? Or is there a solution to get it back to giving the power it has? Worst case scenario, I put my 1600xl motor back in ( I know I know, 1600xl is better than the 1200xl motor anyways )

RC Qualifier
    Ņ1200xl on 8S batteries?, maybe your ESC VXL 8S is in Training Mode, look at the instructions and try to put it on race mode.

Did you change gearing when changing motors? They both will turn at different RPM's.

RC Competitor
    Yes, 1200xl with is 8s 6700 mah batteries. I thought it would be in training mode, but it wasn’t. I even put it into that mode and took it back out, and it still won’t give power.

RC Champion
    Did yours come with the motor temp sensor installed in the heat sink, if so it might be damaged and should be checked. This has been known to cause power loss.

RC Competitor
    It isn’t the temp sensor. I just plugged in my 6s motor, and it does the same thing as the 8s motor. And I know my 6s motor works perfect. Weather it’s in training mode or in regular mode, it still doesn’t give power. Is my 8s esc bad?

RC Champion
    Have you installed the latest updates ?
    Check throttle sensitivity settings - 0% for punch
    fabricator

RC Competitor
    I do not have the blue tooth module. So I cannot update any of my ESCs. Should I factory reset it? And if yes, how do I do it?

RC Champion
    Recalibrate
    Try a different esc

Slow is not as fun
    fabricator

RC Competitor
    Tried to recalibrate. My hobby wing Max6 esc was in it before, but it caught fire��. So I have to use this esc until I can get a new Max6. So I’m wondering if the esc has a problem now. Or if I can just factory reset it somehow.

RC Competitor
    Just fixed the issue! The esc was in a wrong mode... But at least it’s up and running again! Thanks for the help guys!

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by XmaxxBasher1200 View Post
    Just fixed the issue! The esc was in a wrong mode... But at least it’s up and running again! Thanks for the help guys!
    Mate, Ņwhat means wrong mode?

RC Competitor
    Sorry. It means that the esc wasn’t in the proper mode to release 100% on forward, brake and rev.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by XmaxxBasher1200 View Post
    Sorry. It means that the esc wasn’t in the proper mode to release 100% on forward, brake and rev.
    I understand mate, and happy to read your issue is resolved.

RC Competitor
    I am too