RC Enthusiast

Did I fry both of my steering servos?

On my brushless E-Maxx I recently upgraded to the metal gears for the stock 2075 servo and the Hot Racing metal steering assembly. After a few runs I started having steering issues where it was getting stuck in one direction. I also totally lost steering at one point because a screw in the metal assembly vibrated itself loose (even with some blue Loctite)

After reviewing the instructions for aligning the servos and disassembling/ reassembling it, I realized at least one of my errors - I didn't properly align the servos. One of the servos was making a sound and was intermittently unresponsive during testing so I replaced it. Swapped in my new metal gears, corrected the servo alignment, and did some road testing. It's still getting stuck to the left.... Should I just replace the other steering servo and keep it off the road until then to make sure so don't break the new one? Am I missing something?

RC Champion
    I doubt your missing anything, it's probably just a weak servo.

I ran the 2 - 2075x servos for a couple of years in our BL Emaxx before I had issues, but mine boiled down to the big tires I was running. I also run the HRacing steering assembly with no issues now, but I would definitely start with 2 new servos or if ones new grab a second one and go from there. Make sure the threaded areas for the screws are cleaned with alcohol and let the loctite set 24 hrs before use.

Making sure the truck is on and the servos are centered before attaching the linkage is critical, if a slight sound or hum occurrs remove the linkage on one and adjust until no sounds occur.
    Whatever rig were driving and we stop I always lift the front of the truck with my foot to take pressure off the servos to make sure they center.

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks. Just got home from the hobby shop and bought two of the Savox replacements.