RC poster

Slash Monster Fusion

So just spent the day painting my new monster slash body. My first go at a custom body so happy with how it turned out. Next to change the body mounts so it's not so high (had a 2wd Raptor body on it), and work out what's up with my bumper and why it sits so far up/back

Overall, it looks really good...great job. A tip for the future - align the body to the body mounts, and ream the mount holes, before painting. I know, a lot of people ask, "Won't that pull the protective film away from the body?" I'm no expert, but, the truck I learned is to start from the inside, and work the holes approx halfway to their proper size, then finish them from the outside slowly & carefully.

Now that you're more comfortable doing your own painting, you can get a lil 'wild' with the next one. For example, you could take some pre-cut vinyl graphics, adhere them to the inside, and then spray a couple of different "bright" colors front/rear. Then you remove the vinyl, and spray a third, much darker color, to contrast the bright colors. You could even go a lil 'crazy', and use two different 'darker' colors that contrast each other, but, at the same time, compliment whichever 'bright' colors it's matched up to.

Welcome to the world of "anything but a solid-colored body".

~ More peace, love, laughter & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
    ~ Love, laughter & kindness makes the world better

It sure is nice and shiny! Nice job!

RC poster
    Agreed on the mount holes.. I tell you why, I didn't actually have a reamer! I had assumed, clearly mistakenly, that since the body was "pre-cut" for a Slash that the holes would be already there. So just carefully drilled them. Tried to clean them up with on side of a sharp scissors but its very hard to tell on the outside exactly whats a rough edge and whats the edge of the film. Now the films off I may revisit them and clean the holes up a bit more.

Only part that didnt come out so well, I wanted the windows to have a little definition rather than being the same as the body colour, so I tried using PS31 Smoke to give them a tinted look..didnt quite realise how thin it was, hard to see you've already sprayed a coat until you've put so much that its running So ended up having to go pretty dark to try hide the runs.

Only thing I dont like is the bumper, not sure why it sits like that, as I said I brought it with a 2wd Raptor body on it (the one with the plastic grill insert instead of just a sticker) and the bumper sat behind the grille there too..I'm wondering if someone has heated and bent it or otherwise changed it to make it clear that body (as it would've looked weird on infront of the body) and the Ford bumped is for a 2wd so wouldnt fit a 4wd. It looks like I could maybe put some spacers where the bumper attached to the shock ring thing to push it back forwards again.

And yes, they aren't the right tyres, the Trenchers are currently mounted to the Stampede in the background as they didnt clear the old body, these are just some cheap AliExpress/Ebay wheels, they are a 2.8 similar to the factory Talons but narrower, they are actually OK on pavement even with that much power but average in anything loose