RC poster

Traxxas M41 batteries question.

I got as gift a traxxas M41, i have always been an rc plane enthusiast, I havent have boats in a wile.
    Im in the search for the best deal in batteries .
    In the traxxas page they suggest the 3cel 5000.
    I have the opportunity to Get a good deal on a couple 4 cell 6700.
    So:
    3cel 5000 VS 4 cel 6700
    Can i use any of the two? Size? Performance?
    Difference?
    Any cheaper but reliable suggestions for batteries? If you can post pictures of your suggestions will be strongly appreciated.
    Basically, wich batteries are the most perfect ones for this machine?
    The goal is not much racing, just having a great time around the lake with enough power and speed.
    Also i was reading that some people sugges upgrades on certain parts, any ideas?
    Thank you.

RC Champion
    I would not go below 5000 mah 45c. I run 2-3s 5300 mah 45c gen's ace right now and have not had any performance issues whatsoever. I avg. about 15 to 20 min. of run time depending on the driving and the only mod I've done is the esc water cooler from ReglarGuy. https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...62-ESC-coolers.

If your boat is stock it will not take 4s, unless you meant 2-2s to equal 1-4s. The higher the mah the larger the fuel tank so to speak so going to high in mah will increase the run time but also increase the heat for the motor and esc. I let mine sit for about 10 min. in between packs and run upto 3 sets of packs back to back with no issues of heat, completely stock except for the esc cooler. Our boat hits 48mph to 51mph app. depending on the given day.
    I hope some of this helps.

RC poster
    Thank you.
    Like i mentioned before, I don’t have any knowledge on this stuff, electric rc boats is a totally different and new thing for me.
    Do you mind or Can you post please a sample of the batteries I should use? Some pictures so i can buy the exact match.
    Thanks.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Turqui View Post
    Thank you.
    Like i mentioned before, I don’t have any knowledge on this stuff, electric rc boats is a totally different and new thing for me.
    Do you mind or Can you post please a sample of the batteries I should use? Some pictures so i can buy the exact match.
    Thanks.
    Not sure if the Mod's allow it so just look up gens ace 3s 45c 5300 mah, I just found these cheaper at my LHS that is now closed, then I could get of other manufacturers.
    If you live in the U.S.A. alot of the rc guy's are using SMC, so you could check those out also.

RC Competitor
    I would highly recommend smc. Best battery I think, I run them in my xmaxx and m41. Owner is very good to with any questions you have. I run the 3s 9400 in my boat, awesome batteries