Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by BangoBango View Post
    how did you get the really small pin striped lines, the light and dark blue lines that run over the bonnet/hood and running along the side.
    I know you would use masking tape and a pen and scalpel but the lines on the front wing are really thin and neat.
    The pin stripes were done with Tamiya 2mm and 3mm wide masking tape. The thin stuff is plastic so it does smooth curves and thin stripes really well. Itís great stuff in my opinion...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Just found a few more Ďin progressí pics if that helps...

RC poster
    Great looking bodies and paint jobs Steeeve! Very cool action shots!

I too have jumped back into this awesome hobby a couple years ago after taking a very long break! My last 1/10th scale racing competition was way back in 1993!
    -Brian-

TRX-4 Kit
    Slash 4x4 Ultimate

RC Competitor
    Thank you!! Ah itís great to hear thereís a fair few of us getting back into the hobby - I never raced but watched a fair bit around that time (and did lots of dreaming of lovely shiny high performance bits I couldnít afford!!).

Iím really enjoying getting back into it - especially now that my lad is old enough to love it too. He got a Monster Beetle for his 3rd birthday, following in the footsteps of his Dad in the Ď80s!) and is already eyeing up something faster...

Enjoy!!

RC Competitor
    Oh and I found a few more pre-Fiesta action shots too, with my 3yr old practising his stunt driving!

RC Racer
    What colours did you use on the white martini version ?
    I presume you used Tamiya PS.

I have a new rustler 2wd body comming up for my Stampede 4x4.
    Not decided what colour scheme it will be, probably white with red and blue accents (or bright gun-metal with black accents)

RC Competitor
    Yes thatís right, I used Tamiya PS paints. I think it was:

PS1 White
    PS2 Red
    PS3 Light Blue
    PS59 Dark Metallic Blue
    PS5 Black

Good luck painting yours, I look forward to seeing the results!

RC Racer
    Thanks !
    I have used those before, still have some cans.

RC poster
    Very nice paint jobs. The Fiesta looks awesome in Grabber Blue. My brother has a real 2017 Mustang GT in Grabber Blue with black accents.

RC Competitor
    Thanks SuperSlim, yes I was pleased how well the Tamiya colour matches the Ford colour, especially with a bit of pearl clear added for sparkle in the sun.

Speaking of sparkle, thereís a lot less of it now! I do like my Slash to be used, so I handed it over to my 4 year old Ďtest driverí so I could take a few pics - letís just say the Fiesta shell now has some added authentic rally-style patina!! Brilliant fun...

VERY NICE!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Competitor
    Thanks Squeegie! Still really impressed at how versatile the Slash is. Just thinking about my next evolution now!! Also trying to justify a Maxx for my boy for Christmas - I must have spent a similar amount in gearboxes for his Monster Beetle!

RC Racer
    Very nice action photos you got there. That blue rally body looks awsome.

RC Competitor
    Thank you!! Was fun to be able to take a few pics for a change, with someone else doing the driving...

RC Competitor
    So the rally clothes have gone - back to Baja Bug config this weekend, but this time keeping the rally rear bumper (I ditched the RPM one with wheelie bar, mudflaps and spare wheel). New cut down RPM front bumper too, although this is a work in progress.

Certainly feels a bit more agile without the extra mass of the spare wheel and big bumpers...

Nice!
    I’m still considering making a street Baja Bug for fun...

Keep it up!

RC Competitor
    That sounds really interesting... canít wait to see pics if you go down that route.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeeve View Post
    That sounds really interesting... canít wait to see pics if you go down that route.

Same here. Squeegie donít play when he starts a project.

RC Competitor
    Exactly!!

RC Racer
    Just gotta say Steeeve you do some beatiful and intricate paint jobs. Well done
    His Glory Alone all the way to the grave.

RC Competitor
    Thank you!! Must admit I do enjoy the challenge, but that first roll-over with a new body never gets any easier does it?!!

The question is, what body next, given that you can no longer buy the Axial Yeti version of the bug shell any more...

Squeegie, itís always dangerous going back over your build pics, Iíve just accidentally ordered myself a set of these 2.8ís with 17mm hexes now...

Last edited by cooleocool; 08-04-2020 at 02:01 AM. Reason: merge

ENJOY!

After seeing your slash with the fiesta st body and hoons tires, youíve swayed my mind on buying a fiesta st rally and painting a clear body and grabbing a set of hoons tires. I gotta have one now

RC Competitor
    Haha, do it!! Definitely a lot of fun, you wonít regret it!

RC Competitor
    Got my new 2.8 Badlands fitted today - loads of fun for bashing around the garden!! Dropped down to a 12t pinion too and motor temp seems ok...

I trimmed an old bug body down for starters to check tyre clearances and all seems pretty good, despite a fair bit of ballooning and mounting the body as low as possible. Hmm, rear wing or no rear wing... I canít decide!

Oops!

Looks good!

I'm not sure about the wing either. I like that it looks more balanced if there is something back there, but more versatility without anything overhanging in the back as well...

Keep having fun with your rig!

RC Competitor
    Thanks. Yeah I know what you mean - it looks a little front-heavy without a wing. Iíve ordered a Proline Trifecta wing and HPI Vorza Flux mount, so I can give it a go.

Also just taken the scissors to the Axial Yeti bug bodyshell, so thereís no going back now!!

More pics to follow Iím sure!

RC Competitor
    A bit more progress to report... my other bug shell is now trimmed to suit the 2.8ís. Next steps are:

Stainless cap head bolts on the Raid wheels
    Proline Trifecta rear wing & HPI mount
    RC4WD 3Ē LED light bar
    Then a new bodyshell I think!

Hereís a few more pics of the wheels and body trimming:

Oh and a couple more pics of it being thrashed of course!

Nice! Are the 2.8s going on the Yeti Baja or the other Baja? If Yeti, I want to see how the wing works with the Yeti’s tail fins.

Have fun!

RC Competitor
    Itís all the same Slash, just trying to make the 2.8ís work with both the Slash Bug shell and Yeti Bug shell.

Iíll post some pics once the wing is fitted (out of stock here in the UK until late Aug ). Iíll probably start by fitting it with the Yeti Bug shell, then paint up a new Slash Bug shell afterwards.

Whilst I prefer the shape of the Yeti shell itís actually a bit wider so more needs trimming away with 2.8ís fitted...

RC Competitor
    Tonightís little update - a 3Ē light bar from RC4WD. Made a little bracket from some spare carbon I had lying around and replaced all the fixings with stainless cap head bolts. Quite pleased with the result!

Rear lights next...

Nice! Looks kinda familiar...

https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post6011863

Keep it up!

RC Competitor
    Haha yes, thanks for the inspiration! Love your rig...

RC Competitor
    So hereís the work-in-progress rear lights. RPM lights mounted directly to the Proline body mounts. Visible but well protected under here, hopefully...

Rear lights look nice mounted there. Your rigs are getting better and better!

I need to break out my camera and do a work-in-progress shoot on my street rig as well. Almost done with the re-wiring (I finally put 6.5mm connectors on my Tekin ESC), did some suspension tweaks, and installed new tires/wheels. All parts I've had sitting in my bin for a long time, but never got around to installing. Still deciding if I want to change the Typhon body. I love how aggressive it looks, but I miss my Bajr and/or Baja bodies. I may go back to a Slash Baja Bug body with a simple paint job. Not sure about how the Yeti Baja Bug's tail fins will look with a rear wing. Gotta pull the body out and do some test fits and decide...

Keep it up and keep us posted!

RC Competitor
    Thanks Squeegie!

Definitely keen to see pics of your latest build - inspiring stuff Iím sure... Sounds like a beast - that must be quite some Ďspare parts biní!

Iíll be sure to share some pics with the Yeti bug shell when my rear wing arrives. Not sure if Iíll use it or not, but Iím keen to have a play around.

Iíve come to the conclusion that the Slash bug body is better than the Yeti version with 2.8s as itís a bit narrower so clearance is better, but Iíll keep playing around with both.

Currently sketching up some ideas for a new paint job - probably another Slash bug shell, sat low.

Lights all wired in now - a fun little mod...

Love the way your silver Martini is looking!

I may just swap between the Typhon and a new Slash Baja bodies and see how I like it. If I do, it will be a simple paint job... maybe even a one-color-wonder! Either way, I'll have to update my thread with work-in-progress (or current state) pics.

Have fun!

RC Competitor
    The silver shell is a bit of a test bed for my next one to be honest - itís taken a beating (mostly from my son!) and has a big ugly cutout at the rear where I used to run a spare wheel, but itís been useful to chop it about and try things without worrying.

I like the sound of your plans, and we definitely all need more pics at every stage!!

RC Competitor
    Not much of an update really, just a couple of pics of my evening hoon around the garden! Have been playing around with the setup, removing the front ARB and adding thicker rear diff grease has made a big difference, although understeer is still an issue when the front wheels are off the ground! Such good fun on these 2.8ís...

I also ordered another bug bodyshell today, paint job will be inspired by a well-known WW2 British fighter aircraft (yes I know, the irony, itís a VW shell!) - all will be revealed soon!

Hawker Tempest? Supermarine Spitfire? Hmmm...
    Can’t wait to see your next creation!

Have fun!
    Last edited by Squeegie; 08-14-2020 at 07:19 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast