RC poster

Been out of RC for around five years, what did I miss?

Hey all,

Been out of this community for over five years now. I am trying to get back into it. Drove my rustler I bought in 2005 the other day and decided it was time to come back. I am trying to think about how to really dive back in. What's new with RC? What have you gotten excited about in the last few years? For context the last thing I remember about RC was the XO-1's release. Alternatively, what's still around from over five years ago that you still are excited about?

I got my hands on an old stadium truck of unknown make. It seems old to me, would I be able to post that here? It's not Traxxas. If not, where could I get some help figuring out what it is?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome back.

Not sure on posting about the truck you got. Rcgroups fourm may be a good place to post if don't here. To me it wouldn't hurt to try here. And if post got pulled try else where?

Tapatalk app on phone is great for posting pics and vids. And keeping up on sub groups your interested in.

As far as cars recently out out. Erevo vxl aka 2.0. Has good changes over old one that make it more reliable and durable

Have 4x4 rustler now. And emaxx. And a 8s xmaxx ( been my favorite)

Most new released cars now have clipless body's with lever on the back that attaches body to car. It's a nice feature over the old body pins.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I really like the new Erevo 2.0 also! The drive-train handles 6s without ripping itself apart vs the V1.

I'm still enjoying the Nitro's also. You can't beat the sound they make.

As for your old unknown truck, post up a picture. Someone should be able to tell you what it is. As long you don't ask for technical support I don't foresee an issue.

It might even be a Traxxas or have Traxxas parts on it.

I got back into RC cars with the quarantine and personal injury, and I was very pleasantly surprised at the telemetry tech that comes on traxxas models nowadays. I bought a new Revo and Jato nitro models, and they come factory with voltage, temperature, and RPM sensors factory now. That's pretty cool IMO. You don't even have to buy any extra parts, it comes ready to go.

Traxxas ID chargers have evolved as well, but not much big has changed in the hobby since. Mostly small cool things have changed.

-Mike

RC Qualifier
    Last 5 years have been exciting. ERevo 2.0, crawlers, Maxx, UDR, what a time to be alive.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzly03 View Post
    I'm still enjoying the Nitro's also. You can't beat the sound they make.

I always have wanted a nitro. Someday. I haven't ever lived in a place with space for storing them. Tiny apartments. When I make my millions...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Acidic01 View Post
    Welcome back.

Not sure on posting about the truck you got. Rcgroups fourm may be a good place to post if don't here. To me it wouldn't hurt to try here. And if post got pulled try else where?

Tapatalk app on phone is great for posting pics and vids. And keeping up on sub groups your interested in.

As far as cars recently out out. Erevo vxl aka 2.0. Has good changes over old one that make it more reliable and durable

Have 4x4 rustler now. And emaxx. And a 8s xmaxx ( been my favorite)

Most new released cars now have clipless body's with lever on the back that attaches body to car. It's a nice feature over the old body pins.

The 4x4 rustler is blowing my mind honestly. I looked at rcgroups, looks pretty cool. Thanks for that! I also need to check out that clipless body thing.

Quote Originally Posted by La Macchina View Post
    I always have wanted a nitro. Someday. I haven't ever lived in a place with space for storing them. Tiny apartments. When I make my millions...
    Nitro sound does have a fun factor... But wife hates the noise. Like a weed whacker going up and down street.

I really lost interest in nitro. As messier, hard to turn or always tuning ever time you play. I went through 2 engines and a number of pistons on my slayer pro... Made me loose interest in hobby for a few years. Then got a erevo2 and got the lipo bug. As long as I don't break something just charge up in a few mins and head out.

Been over a year since I pulled out the slayer. Only did since had a group of ppl I was supplying cars for. Needs new easy start motor yet again... Got it just never put in and some misc parts I stole off of for the erevo.

Guess I should get it going again. As with my Merv. Erevo needs a new a-arm as well. As I tent to only screw with the xmaxx and keep that going. Old brushed rusty needs some hop up to brushless as well..

To many cars to fix. Not enough motivation with other home projects to do.

I'll admit I have had the frustrating experience of showing up to the field only to find something is wrong with my nitro and I can't repair it with field tools.

I'd say now is a great time to get into nitro honestly La Macchina, there isn't much else to do with the virus going on, and fuel prices will only increase over time I suspect. I recruited a bunch of new nitro guys this season in my local area in the past month or two. They see how much fun I have with my revo, and actually how little issues you can have, and I let them drive it, and they were sold. It is a lot of work potentially, but it is rewarded.

I found myself extremely bored and with personal injury as I mentioned (guess how based on my avatar, lol) and the couple new nitros gave me a lot to play with.

If you're motivated to learn and work on them, you will like it. If you hate wrenching or getting your hands a little dirty, then don't do it. But if you get into it, we're here to help you on the forums here!

I usually venture on down to my local parks or deserted areas to play with nitro, and have no issues.

-Mike

Traxxas also has newer boats and drones as well.

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

Just came across this video and thought I'd share with you:

Have fun!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Racer
    [Typewriter noises] . . . Somewhere in the Eastwest . . .
    The biggest thing I can think of is that they updated the E-Revo, and they discontinued the E-Maxx. If you remember the battery company SPC they swithced to only doing air rifles around 2018, and the company people recommended as being similar in quality is called SMC.
    I might have addicted my friend to RC. O.o