RC Racer

Erevo and Pro Line Trenchers?

Hey everyone how goes it? I have been running mx38 on my erevo 2.0 with stock gearing and temps are acceptable around 145 deg f on average. I am wondering if the trenchers are any lighter than mx38? I love the 38s for jumping, but it seems the trenchers would be just as good for jumping and landing but may be a little lighter?

RC Enthusiast

Erevo and Pro Line Trenchers?

If you get belted trencher hp tires you will need to regear as they are very heavy also get a new servo I donít know much about the non-belted tires but I think you will be fine

Edit
    Trencher hp tires are not good for flipping as they are too heavy your gonna need more air to pull off a backflip with these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Smashem77; 05-27-2020 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Information addition

RC Racer
    Don't really care much for back flips but I'm pretty sure the mx38s are heavier and that is what I run now. Hitting 65ft table tops flat out soft landing no problem!

RC Enthusiast
    Depend on what type of trenchers you are getting are you getting the hp belted trenchers or the normal ones ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Standard trencher 3.8's: 13.4oz on wheels
    Trencher X 3.8's: 13.6oz on wheels
    Trencher X 3.8's belted: 16.9oz on wheels

I run the standard ones, but have them strapped externally with 700lb cored kevlar rope/string. Keeps them from blowing off the rims at 6S speeds, but it does kill the air control you get.

I never had the stock electronics, so I can't say how it would do with them. I started with a roller and had the MXL-6S/2200kv system from my v1 revo in it first... but I didn't run trenchers then. By the time I tried trenchers, the MXL-6S died on me and all I had was an old HPI Blur F360C which was a rebadged MMv1. The MXL-6S was a MMv2. I ran 54/15 gearing at first, then went to a 16T pinion. The "MMv1" did fine with that, but I hated how it responded. I fiddled with the throttle/brake curves a few times to try to get it to suit how I drive better, but eventually gave up.

Then I replaced the 2200kv with a blx2050kv and installed a max6 esc, then bumped it up to a 19T pinion. It's so much smoother now, does run on the warm side though, esc at 123 and the motor at 167, even with a fan. May try a proper dual fan heat sink on it to see if that brings it down a bit. All I have on it now is a plastic castle housing with a single 30mm fan in it. I could try dropping the pinion to a 18T to see if that helps. Either way, it's now a pretty big deviation from what you run.
    https://www.youtube.com/c/olds97lss