RC poster

First RC thought and suggestions

I have been shopping, checking out, you tubing, exploring options on my first remote control car. Would like thoughts suggestions on getting 2020 X maxx 8S as a first RC to start with. What are your thoughts and suggestions?

RC Champion
    New or used Xmaxx’s is the ticket
    All are worthy
    Get a few sets of 5000mah or more
    50C or more traxxas plug ,4s lipo
    You’ll be very happy with an Xmaxx
    fabricator

Can't go wrong with one of the best Traxxas cars right out of the gate ..

Car is a beast... Only downside to me are cost and needs a large area to run in.

Would want at least 2 sets(4 ) of batteries. And a good charger.

I have these batteries and enjoy them alot
    https://www.smc-racing.net/index.php...product_id=507

I would avoid lectron pro batteries mine crapped out after a year on both sets.

With my icharger 406dou charger at 2C (18.8amps) charge I can get my smc 9400mha batters charged from storage to ready to run in about 10mins a set

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    X-MAXX is a very good beginning.

RC poster
    I run the same SMC batteries in my X Maxx as acidic01 and have been very happy with them.

RC Racer
    Itís a big truck that is a lot of fun to drive but I would personally suggest starting with a good 1/10 scale truck like the Stampede 4x4.
    Your mistakes will be a little cheaper to recover from and itís less dangerous while you are learning.

I personally run a 4Pede on 2S and an X-Maxx running SMC 10,000 mah 3S batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dmarzke View Post
    Itís a big truck that is a lot of fun to drive but I would personally suggest starting with a good 1/10 scale truck like the Stampede 4x4.
    Your mistakes will be a little cheaper to recover from and itís less dangerous while you are learning.

I personally run a 4Pede on 2S and an X-Maxx running SMC 10,000 mah 3S batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with this. The xmaxx is great but capable of doing real harm in the hands of an inexperienced driver. You need a LOT of room. I have a full acre that I run mine on and it eats it up.

If you go with an xmaxx, try training mode for a bit and even then be careful!

Have fun!

Xmaxx definitely likes a football feild full of space to stretch it's wheels in...

Bust is most fun RC car I own...

Definitely training mode and or the Bluetooth link adapter and app that you then can custom dial in the training mode output. Stock setting for training mode is on car is 50% output. But on link app can dial it from 1% to 100. So can crank it up once you get experience.

RC poster
    Thanks for the info....bought 6/9 and had to swap out the OEM servo...upgraded it to 2085X...it did not last more than a week...now taking in to hobby shop to install aftermarket Savox....was told by my local shop that it will resolve the servo problems....being new to Traxxas it sure seems like a nice option for them to offer upgrades for those that do not want to purchase kits and install them?? Love running the XMaxx just hope that I will be able to get more dependability.

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisR View Post
    Thanks for the info....bought 6/9 and had to swap out the OEM servo...upgraded it to 2085X...it did not last more than a week...now taking in to hobby shop to install aftermarket Savox....was told by my local shop that it will resolve the servo problems....being new to Traxxas it sure seems like a nice option for them to offer upgrades for those that do not want to purchase kits and install them?? Love running the XMaxx just hope that I will be able to get more dependability.
    What did you do to break the 2085x servo? I've bashed mine hard with no issues on it.