RC poster

A race in the darkness or just a night out (testing POV shots at night)

Hi,

In the most of the times I have to drive my E-Revo in the evening or at night, because of the kids. Also I wanted to test my GoPro in the middle of the night for holiday trips. Ive created this litte peace of adventure as a result. I was really surprised what the GoPro is capable of with its tiny sensor.

What do you think?

RC Enthusiast
    Looks awesome you are very brave I would never put a nice camera like that on my e revo for the risk of it falling off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Thank you, to be honest I wasn‘t that brave. I know the area very well and I know every single bigger bump.

The GoPro itself wasn‘t glued or screwed on the body. The GoPro is in a protective case and mounted on a plastic plate with strong magnets underneath. Those are hold in place with gorilla tape and a distancer between the two magnets. A pair of magnets are also taped under the body and every magnet has a adhesive force of 14kg. This means it has enough flexibility, but also enough stability. It can’t fell off easily, but it can get off if something unplanned happened.

The camera mounted does not look very pretty at daylight, but you can‘t see it and it‘s completely removable in seconds.

RC Competitor
    which leds did you mount?

Inviato dal mio SM-A310F utilizzando Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Wow! Awesome video. It looks professional.

RC poster
    Thank you.

I bought those lights on ebay. They are 3D printed in poland by murat-rc. Sadly Traxxas didn‘t offer an own light kit for the revo.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/LED-Lights-F...QcGStw4DPLMVjQ

RC Competitor
    nice and cheap ..... which ports need connection?

Inviato dal mio SM-A310F utilizzando Tapatalk

RC poster
    It’s a standard 2-pin servo connector directly into a free channel of the receiver box. Rear and Front LED are connected via Y-cable. LEDs are always on.

You have to check both lights together before you assemble all together, because there are 3 pin‘s per receiver connection and if you messed it up the lights reacting weird and you have to open the box again.

Another light option is the front and rear bumpers (with LEDs) from the Summit. They are a direct fit.

https://www.ebay.ca/i/312179924933?c...SABEgKq9PD_BwE