Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier TITANIUM94010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    San Francisco CA
    Posts
    306

    Traxxax TSM on aftermarket ESC and motor?

    Does the Traxxas TSM equipped transmitter and receiver's TSM work with aftermarket ESCs and motors?, or is it a Traxxas ESC only thing?
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

  2. #2
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Van. Island British Columbia
    Posts
    1,101
    Mine work great with Castles MM2 and their 2200kv and a second one with a Skyrc combo but can't speak for others but don't see why not.

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier TITANIUM94010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    San Francisco CA
    Posts
    306
    I noticed that there’s a TSM plug on the receiver, does anything go there on Castle ESCs? Or do I just plug in the normal ESC wire?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

  4. #4
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Van. Island British Columbia
    Posts
    1,101
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    I noticed that there’s a TSM plug on the receiver, does anything go there on Castle ESCs? Or do I just plug in the normal ESC wire?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If your referring to the large plug opening beside the TSM logo on the rx it's for the Telemetry expander for adding more sensors. The after market esc just plugs into the third slot like a normal Traxxas esc, but you need sensors with an after market esc unlike some of the Traxxas models that come equiped with their esc's. I hope I explained that properly lol.

  5. #5
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    95
    TSM is a gyro built in the receiver. That means that whatever esc/motor you use, TSM will work, right?

  6. #6
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. El Sob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    14,450
    I have had telemetry on both models of the Velineon Velineon esc's, the Mamba Max Pro, the ET-3S and the Mamba X esc's. I don't think it matters what esc you use.
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!

  7. #7
    RC Champion grizzly03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Adirondacks
    Posts
    1,388
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bean View Post
    TSM is a gyro built in the receiver. That means that whatever esc/motor you use, TSM will work, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by El Sob View Post
    I have had telemetry on both models of the Velineon Velineon esc's, the Mamba Max Pro, the ET-3S and the Mamba X esc's. I don't think it matters what esc you use.

    Correct. The TSM function is part of the Receiver, not part of any ESC/motor.

    Traxxas TSM works on the Nitro vehicles that don't have an ESC or electric motor.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •