Thread: Squeaky Shocks

Squeaky Shocks

The front shocks on my TRX6 have been squeaking a lot lately, and I know cleaning up/rebuilding them will stop it, but they'll just start squeaking in a few days because of the extremely dusty conditions I run in.

Can I use some kind of PTFE/Teflon dry lube on the shafts? The oil attracts a lot of dirt.

Thanks!
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

I think a better solution to your problem is to get shock covers. It reduces a lot of dust (and some water) from going on the shock shafts. You can also make them using the really long balloons and zip ties, or a bicycle inner tube and zip ties (just fit it over the shock, cut it to the length of the shock, and use the zip ties to secure both ends). Heres a video on explaining that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAKkJ2vyMow
    These should work as long as it is not submerged in water/mud. Great for dry, dusty conditions around the SF bay area.

I was thinking of shock covers, but I don't really like the look of them. If they are the only way to go, I might have to make some.
    Jumping: maneuver and pray it won't break.

RC Competitor
    run the bottom caps a little looser. I also use slick honey on o rings.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by TITANIUM94010 View Post
    I was thinking of shock covers, but I don't really like the look of them. If they are the only way to go, I might have to make some.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shocks-Cove...Pfs3cFmMKOaraw