RC Enthusiast

XMaxx Price Incease

Anybody notice the price increase of $30 on the XMaxx lately? Did also notice the Rustle 4x4 VXL went up too. Wonder if all the models are gonna go up?

Others may follow suit or not. Many products are developed in the U.S., specs are given to companies in China or Taiwan to produce/assemble then it goes out world-wide. Given what is happening across the globe right now with supplies tightening in the Far East and here being told to confine at home has led to increase in demand.

Basic econ: supply, demand, inflation.
    The Super Derecho

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Also 6.2 trillion dollars worth of money was just printed out of no where, devaluing the dollar. Unfortunately, we will see everything going up in price soon...

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

I've been watching the price and can tell you that the "Spring Sale" price was $30 less. After the "Spring Sale" event was over, Traxxas returned it to the $929.99 that I bought it for in February from the site before the "Spring Sale". There wasn't an increase, it just returned to the price they were asking before the "Spring Sale".

I remember specifically seeing the X-Maxx on the slide show on the main page as a "Spring Sale" eligible item. There were a couple of others; but I can assure you that with 100% positivity, the truck was $929.99 in February and then the "Spring Sale" kicked in sometime in April I think.
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

RC Enthusiast
    Ok that can explain how i just bought one couple weeks ago for 899

Man-o-man, 929 bucks for a Xmaxx now. I remember when the Xmaxx first came out. Its' full (LHS) list price was 700 dollars ($750 if you got it from the Traxxas website). Of course, it was 6s back then, but still...holy cow! That's a lot of moola. I also remember, when the Xmaxx went from a 6s to a 8s, it was 800 dollars.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 05-29-2020 at 02:48 AM.
    Better to die a man, than live like a girly-guy.

Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Man-o-man, 929 bucks for a Xmaxx now. I remember when the Xmaxx first came out. Its' full (LHS) list price was 700 dollars ($750 if you got it from the Traxxas website). Of course, it was 6s back then, but still...holy cow! That's a lot of moola. I also remember, when the Xmaxx went from a 6s to a 8s, it was 800 dollars.

Yes, I know! I'm still eating my shorts trying to understand why I paid that much. I wanted it new and I wanted it before this pandemic turns really ugly. Since I have more free time and trying to stay away from people, I needed a project that would keep me busy this summer.

Already threw another $380 into it and now it is reliable enough to trust it for a good while until I get the upgrade itch. Just threw in Hot Racing center and rear differential lockers today. Man what a difference! The truck has a bark now instead of a puppy whimper.

If you would, let me know how much time you get out of your diff lockers. I had them on my Emaxx, loved them, but they didn't last long. Hopefully you'll have better luck with yours. If so, I wouldn't mind getting some for my Xmaxx.

If you would, let me know how much time you get out of your diff lockers. I had them on my Emaxx, loved them, but they didn't last long. Hopefully you'll have better luck with yours. If so, I wouldn't mind getting some for my Xmaxx.
    I will keep a detailed log like I did with the stock plastic axles on the E-Maxx Brushless. I will let you know down to the exact minute if or when they fail. I understand that with the E-Maxx, you were separating the locker from the ring gear from what you told me in another post or PM.

I'm thinking; in order to separate the ring gear from the locker, you would have to be snapping all four screws which is likely happening because the grade of the screw itself is insufficient for the task because of the shock load. The Hot Racing lockers have grooved sections (4 slots) that mate securely with the ring gears and center differential drive gear which will lessen the shock load from what I saw as far as how they are designed.

I was impressed with how deep the grooves were too and when mated even without the screws in, the back and forth twisting play was nearly non-existent. In other words, these lockers are some of the best designed lockers I've seen for differentials because they don't rely on just the screws strength for shock loads.

I think they will outlast most other parts in the drive-train realistically on there design alone. You had told me that you used Traxxas differential lockers on your E-Maxx if I'm not mistaken, and those rely just on the screws strength alone.

With these lockers for the X-Maxx, they didn't take any chances and the slots to line up on the locker mate perfectly with the ring gear and center drive gear pieces. Other lockers I have seen for the X-Maxx, have just a smooth surface to lock with the ring gear and that leaves the screws to take the brunt of the shock loads which is why other brand lockers fail a majority of the time.
    Last edited by Flux Capacitor; 05-30-2020 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flux Capacitor View Post
    I understand that with the E-Maxx, you were separating the locker from the ring gear from what you told me in another post or PM.
    You might have me confessed with someone else, or maybe you misunderstood me. When I installed my locker, you could see that it could only be installed one way. All it did was replace my ring and spider gears with a solid unit.

When my lockers broke (I tried 3 times), it broke right where the ring gear meets the shaft. It basically twisted into two pieces at that point. Anyway, after 3 failed attempts (at 20 dollars a piece), I gave up. I sure liked how my truck ran with them, though.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 05-31-2020 at 04:37 AM.

When my lockers broke (I tried 3 times), it broke right where the ring gear meets the shaft. It basically twisted into two pieces at that point. Anyway, after 3 failed attempts (at 20 dollars a piece), I gave up. I sure liked how my truck ran with them, though.

In this picture, do you mean the shaft with the green and orange arrow is twisting apart from the main piece with the red and black arrow? Man if you are doing that, you are good, because that is a solid billet piece that would take some serious torque to twist apart!

If you take your GREEN arrow, and move it up the shaft to where it bumps into the round part (that holds the ring gear screws); right there. All three of mine twisted off right at that point.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 06-01-2020 at 03:54 AM.