RC Racer

Spartan Battery Type stuck in Traxxas Link app

Anyone else using telemetry and Traxxas Link with the Spartan?
    In Garage - Model Setup, the Battery Type is defaulted to 14-cell NiMH, and it won't let me change it to 6S LiPo for a correct "fuel" gauge reading on the dashboard.
    No problem setting Battery Type for other models, just the Spartan. App bug or am I missing something?
    B/R JEREMY.

RCblog.nl Summit●ERevo2●X-MAXX●MAXX

It's probably a bug, because I use Traxxas telemetry and 6s with my Spartan, and can setup everything the way I want. I do have an old version of the Traxxas Link, though, because I use a iPod (not a iPhone) just for Traxxas telemetry.
    Life's to short to be a sour puss.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    It's probably a bug, because I use Traxxas telemetry and 6s with my Spartan, and can setup everything the way I want. I do have an old version of the Traxxas Link, though, because I use a iPod (not a iPhone) just for Traxxas telemetry.
    Yeah, must be a bug. A very annoying one.
    Present on several phones, at least the Android version, and only for the Spartan. You actually can't change any parameter within 'Model Setup'. Needs a fix, obviously.
    Wish Traxxas would care a little more for the app.
    B/R JEREMY.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjon View Post
    Anyone else using telemetry and Traxxas Link with the Spartan?
    In Garage - Model Setup, the Battery Type is defaulted to 14-cell NiMH, and it won't let me change it to 6S LiPo for a correct "fuel" gauge reading on the dashboard.
    No problem setting Battery Type for other models, just the Spartan. App bug or am I missing something?
    Try adding a second Spartan in the select a model and put a hash tag and a number 1 beside it and then make it active, then go into the garage and see if it will allow you to set it up, if so then delete the first one.

If not, as much as it is a pain, you could delete the app from your phone and reinstall it and see if that works adding it back in.

Also sometimes deleteing all the gauges and then reinstalling them sometimes helps.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    Try adding a second Spartan in the select a model and put a hash tag and a number 1 beside it and then make it active, then go into the garage and see if it will allow you to set it up, if so then delete the first one.

If not, as much as it is a pain, you could delete the app from your phone and reinstall it and see if that works adding it back in.

Also sometimes deleteing all the gauges and then reinstalling them sometimes helps.
    Thanks for the tips, but sadly all to no avail.
    It just appears to be a stubborn bug that needs fixing.
    The only thing the Spartan model setup allows you to change is the motor, and that opens up a list of.... tires...
    B/R JEREMY.

RC Champion
    Try adding the M41 and see what it does.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dawg View Post
    Try adding the M41 and see what it does.
    M41 works, and lets me change everything.
    But it's not ideal, since the M41 uses a different receiver box orientation, meaning the inclinometers (that I use) show incorrect hull movement.
    B/R JEREMY.

RC Champion
    If you have the Castle link you can set the low voltage cutoff and maybe update the firmware in the esc. If you don't have the link check with a friend or see if your lhs has one or can put you in touch with someone who does.