Byrons Fuel company shutting down...

Hey folks,

For you nitro heads out there, it's a sad day. Byron's Fuels as a whole is ceasing production, and when the remaining stock sells out, they will be gone. For good.

http://byronfuels.com/news/Byron-Fue...d-Closing.html

I'm sure the virus has played a role in this, but they claimed it was also a lack of "demand".

What a huge bummer. They fueled my nitro passion for almost a decade. What about all the racers who are still in this hobby right now who use Byrons, they will have to change...

I think this is one of the biggest nails in the coffin for nitro unfortunately. For all types of drivers, and even for helicopters and airplane folks, Byrons was a huge favorite. Many folks who come to rely on Byrons fuel will now be discouraged by other fuels that don't meet their expectations.

I am hoping that no more big brands see a soon demise due to the virus and changing demands...

What a bad time. I'm sure many of you nitro lovers have come to like Byrons fuel over the years, sad to see them go.

-Mike

I never had experience with their fuels as I used one of two other brands, but that does not change the fact that I hate to see them go.

-Brett
    4wd Sportmaxx 3.3
    E-Revo - Mamba Monster - Neu 4s

Byrons was my favorite but became harder to come by so I had to switch. I love nitro but if the dominos still fall then my Revo may have to undergo a conversion.
    The Super Derecho

It's sad news indeed. I've had good luck with their fuels. It's getting harder and harder to keep nitro alive!

At least I'm glad their employees will still have a job, especially with what is going on in this crazy world.

RC Racer
    Hmm it is sad. We do still have torco however. Not sure why the demand would be down, you would think it would be up with all the people stuck at home.
    I'm not afraid of my fellow man.

Not a nitro guy, but I hate hearing about a company stopping production of something that supported the hobby. But, I know with the run times now possible with electric RCs that nitros have taken a hit across the board.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

It's a real bummer.

On a side note, which fuel brands do you guys run other than Byron's?

-Mike

Quote Originally Posted by nebulous.cow View Post
    It's a real bummer.

On a side note, which fuel brands do you guys run other than Byron's?

-Mike
    I use VP 30/10 in my buggy. Seems to run very well. Every now and then, I'll add a little extra castor oil and the motor will run a few degrees cooler, but fouls glow plugs faster. And, that's also what my local Hobby Town sells (or has in stock mostly).

They "say" they sell Byrons, but never seen any on the shelves, only online. And they both are about $29.00+ a gallon. Haven't tried any of the other fuels though. Think there is a hazmat fee on shipping the methane maybe?

RC Competitor
    "I'm sure the virus has played a role in this, but they claimed it was also a lack of "demand"."

Why'd you put "demand" in quotes?

I used to love running nitro and flew nitro helicopters on Byrons and ran it in my Jato 3.3 and my 3.3 Revos. Was an awesome fuel. Sadly I was forced to stop running Nitro RC. With the closing of more and more hobby stores it was becoming harder to get. I used to have Hobby Barn and Hobby Town about 90 miles from me. Would make an afternoon trip and buy a case at a time. They both sadly closed shop. Now nearest LHS is about 200 miles or 3 plus hours away. Yeah I could have ordered it online...but the hazardous shipping fees were getting rediculous. So that is what put the nail in the coffin for nitro with me....I can totally see how lack of demand could have done them in. Really stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by RICK DIZZLE View Post
    ....Now nearest LHS is about 200 miles or 3 plus hours away....
    You need some friends that live "about 200 miles away" and have them come visit, and bring you a couple of gallons.

This /\ lololol! So true!!