RC Enthusiast

2838 4500kv Brushless Installed

A couple of weeks ago I put the budget big block in and I'm really surprised that it's not a more popular choice. The stock motor mount screws are the correct pitch. The motor shaft is too long, but 5 seconds on a bench grinder solved that. I used a 21t pinion gear from my son's 2wd stampede and it is a perfect fit on the shaft. I had to file/drill away some of the material from the stock mount to get the holes to line up on the new motor which it seems like is common anyway. It's aluminum, so it's easy.

It came with a 35amp ESC and free 1 day shipping for $31 and I paid $8 for a program card that worked.

It's fast. I've run at least 10 batteries through it and haven't broken anything yet, which makes me wonder what people are doing to break drivetrain parts on stock motors. I wouldn't say I'm easy on it and have even spent time at a skate park. No over heating and it rips on the grass too. I'm gonna put a 13t in this weekend and see what it's like.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Can you post a picture and some more info please...? Sounds like a good option..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nokia 6.2 met Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Sure, I'll take one when I go out in a bit. I tried the 13t pinion and didn't like it. Just spun the tires a lot, so I put the 21t back in and changed the 60t spur gear to a 54t and it is crazy! Very fast on grass too. I'm about to go run a full battery through it and see how it goes but a few speed runs and some grass earlier made the motor and ESC barely warm in 65* weather.

I still haven't broken any drivetrain parts at all and have had the motor in for a couple of weeks. I think you just have to have good gear mesh and be aware of when you loose traction and gain it back, like landing jumps and going from something like spinning on grass to pavement.

Let me know if you have any specific questions about it. I'll try to get some video too.

RC Racer
    Just want to know how it holds up.. Thanx mate..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nokia 6.2 met Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    So far so good. Ran a pack through it during lunch at work today.

RC Enthusiast
    I finally broke a drivetrain part, running this motor, a 21t pinion, 54t spur, ESC punch set to high, and a 3s lipo. Fast as on this set up. Can wheelie on demand at ay speed. Broke one of the stock plastic axles about 10 minutes into playing with the 3s and punch on high with this set up. Been running the other parts and punch on soft with stock nimh for weeks without a problem.

I have no idea how people are breaking the stock parts if it took this long for me to break one. I am NOT easy on it. I'm especially interested how people are ruining the metal differential when there are plastic parts still in the driveline. Either I got a "factory blessed" model, there is some user error going on here, or unreasonable expectations on what it should be able to handle. Landing jumps with the throttle pinned, quickly gaining traction from spinning tires, not cleaning after use when needed, high impact collisions, holding the throttle when pinned under something...all will break anything with moving parts.

The truck is a beast.

Glad you like it. Please watch the language (asterisks) in your posts. Have fun! -ksb51rl
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 06-12-2020 at 07:19 AM.