RC Enthusiast

Question Best motor fans for Velineon brushless

My motor keeps burning up in this 100+ degree weather where I live. it gets so hot that my esc and battery start getting to hot just because the heat coming off my poor motor is so intense, I’m not sure if the exact temp but it was hot enough that my car refused to move till I took inside to cool. I put on a old integy fan I had but it didn’t help none. What are some good fans that will fit the Traxxas Velineon motor and keep it Cool in 100 degree Fahrenheit weather on 3s batteries?

Edit: After researching it doesn’t seem like there’s much I can do fans wise. What gearing would you guys recommend? I usually blast it up and down my street a little, ramp it off side walk curbs. And occasionally blast through my grass jumping onto the street. Right now I mainly use 3 cell LiPo, usually I’d be running a 2 cell in this heat but all my old 2 cell batteries are junk and don’t hold a charge.
    Last edited by NurturantQuasar; 05-29-2020 at 09:41 PM.
    Slash 4x4 brushless>everything else

RC Enthusiast
    sorry I have no clue what all I was going on about there, its way longer than it needed to be. I'm just wondering if anyone knows of good motor fans/fan and heat sink that fits the stock slash 4x4 brushless motor and is of good quality I see many online that look nice but I'm unsure if they would fit my motor.
    Slash 4x4 brushless>everything else

RC Qualifier
    I’m partial to the dynamite 1/10 fan DYNS7750. It’s plastic so I think it withstands shock better, and it plugs into the receiver so you don’t use the esc connector and leaving it free for an esc fan.

So you have the temp sensors from the ultimate on your motor?
    Last edited by TwoBelugas; 05-30-2020 at 02:58 AM.

First, it sounds like you are way over-geared, and I don't know if fans will help.

Second, very much recommend investing the $15 for a temp gun. Nothing fancy is needed, but it will help diagnose your problem. Generally, you want your motor to be < 160*/f.

Here is one option for fans. There are great because the fans are made to be replaced, so recommend ordering at least one replacement.

https://www.amazon.com/Powerhobby-Co.../dp/B07GLBV7RY

Also, if you run in very dirty/dusty, muddy, or watery conditions you'll go through fans very quickly.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Racer
    Any fan+heatsink combo will work, I think. Just don’t get integy: quality is very low