RC poster

TRX4 RPM and Speed via Bluetooth and Link app

Hi All,

First post here.

Got myself a TRX4 defender, lovely bit of kit. I have downloaded the Link app and wanted to be able to use the various telemetry reading on a dashboard with it. I have the Bluetooth module fitted in my TQ1 transmitter, but it seems I now need additional sensors to get the readings I desire and the info out there seems a bit confusing.
    I get that I need the voltage and temp sensor, so I will get that, easy enough. But in order to get a RPM and speed reading the info out there is not too clear. There are various sensors out there, but not sure how/or if they can be mounted to my TRX4. I see there is an additional GPS speed module, but do I really need to get this, or will any of the other sensors work to get me RPM and speed?

Appreciate your help.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Mash Potato View Post
    Hi All,

First post here.

Got myself a TRX4 defender, lovely bit of kit. I have downloaded the Link app and wanted to be able to use the various telemetry reading on a dashboard with it. I have the Bluetooth module fitted in my TQ1 transmitter, but it seems I now need additional sensors to get the readings I desire and the info out there seems a bit confusing.
    I get that I need the voltage and temp sensor, so I will get that, easy enough. But in order to get a RPM and speed reading the info out there is not too clear. There are various sensors out there, but not sure how/or if they can be mounted to my TRX4. I see there is an additional GPS speed module, but do I really need to get this, or will any of the other sensors work to get me RPM and speed?

Appreciate your help.
    The optional GPS module get the speed measure from GPS satellites, the stock RPM sensor and speed sensor get from motor RPM throught ESC.